Sam Allardyce

Aye because Allardyce has never signed any big name players has he?

I assume Everton fans will be thinking big with the takeover, so in that respect no he hasn't. I don't count the free transfers of aging european players he picked up at Bolton as signing big name players, with Anelka having Bolton as his only escape route from Turkey being his one major signing. Incidentally he went to Chelsea after a year so hardly wanted to stop and flourish under the total football of Sam. There is no way he would be able to entice the best players in the world to Everton to play his turgid brand of football. Allardyce is a manager who keeps teams up, which Is a skill in itself and their immediate priority, but to move up to the next level is a step to far for him, as he proved at Newcastle.

I assume Everton fans will be thinking big with the takeover, so in that respect no he hasn't. I don't count the free transfers of aging european players he picked up at Bolton as signing big name players, with Anelka having Bolton as his only escape route from Turkey being his one major signing. Incidentally he went to Chelsea after a year so hardly wanted to stop and flourish under the total football of Sam. There is no way he would be able to entice the best players in the world to Everton to play his turgid brand of football. Allardyce is a manager who keeps teams up, which Is a skill in itself and their immediate priority, but to move up to the next level is a step to far for him, as he proved at Newcastle.

Allardyce wasn't there when Anelka left.

All Newcastle have proved since he left is that their next level was the Championship.

Glad we've cleared that up then.
Erm, that was in response to this you idiot.
Aye because Allardyce has never signed any big name players has he?
I merely mentioned them before you did, it’s not like you haven’t posted about so called big players he has signed on this board. You have many times boringly enough. That was the point which you’ve clearly missed.
Glad we’ve cleared that up. Whoooosh.

He was at Newcastle 7 months

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.