Samba as a striker?

squirtyflower

having a row with someone here about Fat Sam's qualities

i said i can't treat anyone seriously who plays Samba up front as a striker to which the reply was that Samba never played as a striker except towards the end of games when they were losing

on Wiki it says he made several appearances as a striker but he's still not having it yet as it doesn't say the words 'he started as a striker' ffs

i seem to remember he started against us as one

squirtyflower said:

i said i can't treat anyone seriously who plays Samba up front as a striker to which the reply was that Samba never played as a striker except towards the end of games when they were losing

on Wiki it says he made several appearances as a striker but he's still not having it yet as it doesn't say the words 'he started as a striker' ffs

There’s difference between playing a big CB as a striker and putting your big CB as a striker last 5 mins of a game for him to win few knock downs and create havoc. Both Liverpool and Arsenal has done that in the past and no one had a go at them

Calcio said:
squirtyflower said:

There’s difference between playing a big CB as a striker and putting your big CB as a striker last 5 mins of a game for him to win few knock downs and create havoc. Both Liverpool and Arsenal has done that in the past and no one had a go at them
i agree
but i'm sure fat sam started him as a striker for a few games two or three years ago

squirtyflower said:
Calcio said:
squirtyflower said:

i agree
but i'm sure fat sam started as a striker for a few games two or three years ago

He did indeed when they had a load of injuries.

We used the 'put a CB up front for the last 5 mins when losing trick' a number of times a while back to great effect, Colin Hendry anyone?

He's definitely started as a striker a few times that I can remember. About as good as Carew if I remember right but probably paid a lot less :p

He started as a striker against us a few seasons ago. Think we beat them 3-1.

Tugay ran the show for about 30 mins. Looked ace, when the ball wasn't in the air anyway. Samba was ineffective.

Fat Sam is a good manager. I don't see how anyone can argue with that. Blackburn certainly wouldn't be anywhere near as shit as they are now with him in charge.

Bilboblue said:
squirtyflower said:
Calcio said:
i agree
but i'm sure fat sam started as a striker for a few games two or three years ago

We used the 'put a CB up front for the last 5 mins when losing trick' a number of times a while back to great effect, Colin Hendry anyone?

Never mind a centre half.......................not many have brought on a keeper to play up front ! Pearce obviously rated Mackem so highly as he left him on the bench and put James up front to grab a goal !!!

To be fair.............it very nearly ( and should have ) worked.

At that time i really thought that it was one of the last chances we had of qualifying for Europe ( apart from fair play awards ) in my City watching days..........

Thanks Sheik<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am --<br /><br />
Bilboblue said:
squirtyflower said:
Calcio said:
i agree

Never mind a centre half.......................not many have brought on a keeper to play up front ! Pearce obviously rated Mackem so highly as he left him on the bench and put James up front to grab a goal !!!

To be fair.............it very nearly ( and should have ) worked.

At that time i really thought that it was one of the last chances we had of qualifying for Europe ( apart from fair play awards ) in my City watching days..........

Thanks Sheik

Blackburn need all the goals they can get from all sources to stay alive this season. speaking from their perspective they absolutely have to dip into the transfer market in January and splash out some cash for some capable players or their only option is down to the Championship. Only the fraud known as Yakubu has been somewhat consistent this season for them. Hoilett is below average, and Morten Gamst Pedersen has gradually dropped these couple of seasons to a level where he isn't worth shit and should contemplate plying his trade back in Norway. their forward Formica is shit too why the hell was he given the number 10 don't know where Blackburn bought him from.

all in all Kean deserves the axe right now, don't know why their Indian owners haven't acted yet and are deaf to their fans' requests. Perhaps they would love to repeat a Birmingham City this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.