Samuel Umtiti

Some of the comments written about him on here when we were linked to him were astounding - literally comparing him to Mangala. Shows so many posters on here are writing opinions on players without actually having seen them play.

I'd say Umtiti has been the best CB in the world this season in terms of performance - the bloke has everything needed in a modern CB and Barca are very lucky to have him. Absolute bargain too.

This happens all too often. I remember people panning D.Silva & Aguero when they arrived, citing the physicality of the Premiership as a hurdle they couldn't possibly clear nevermind underrating Laporte since they never watched Bilbao or the Primera Liga. Fans are often quite ignorant about other leagues/players

I remember when this guy was untouchable for Barça... Injuries have ruined him

Is he worth the gamble now @FCBarca ?

It’s not injuries per se but a chronic knee issue that in all probability requires surgery & the player himself has thus far resisted that option- preferring less invasive but weaker alternatives. Of course surgery is no guarantee of long term cure, problem may never heal fully

Makes him a big question mark, not unlike Gundogan years ago although he had surgery, albeit very different situations

He’s great in general but I am pessimistic on the remainder of his career which means he’s on the block

I remember when this guy was untouchable for Barça... Injuries have ruined him

Is he worth the gamble now @FCBarca ?

If Barca are even willing to entertain selling him that should pretty much answer what they think of his knees going forward. A shame really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.