Santa and Owen

I don't think we'd be 'Owen' Newcastle United any money to be honest. I think it'd be a present from 'Santa' almost!

Santa and Owen would be a good "little & large" pairing, £15m a bit steep for Santa but maybe we could get Owen on the cheap (£5-6m or so) and he's still one of the best finishers in the PL.

Play a narrow 4-3-1-2 and mainly use fullbacks to attack the wings. We'd have plenty of running & tackling ability in the middle but SWP & Ireland would have to be very disciplined and balance defending and supporting Vinny against bombing forward to support Rob/RSC/Owen. With a quality, pacy LB and another Vinny type for tough/away games (rotate SWP and Ireland or even rest Robinho for these) I could see this set-up scoring a lot of goals.

...SWP......Kompany.....Ireland....

................Robinho..................

.........Owen..........RSC.............

They both have scored more goals this season than any of our 'strikers' and are not at their best. Owen needs a 4-4-2. RSC can play lone striker.

I'd like to see the arrival of any experienced Premiership strikers simply because they will be better than what we have.

We need to be able to rely on any incoming buys, and expect them to hit the ground running - so any new buys have to be either Premiership players or top drawer talent.

Not for us gambles of any kind

Priority is to steady the ship, and give the likes of SWP, and Robinho the platform to play

bluemoondays said:
Santa and Owen would be a good "little & large" pairing, £15m a bit steep for Santa but maybe we could get Owen on the cheap (£5-6m or so) and he's still one of the best finishers in the PL.

Play a narrow 4-3-1-2 and mainly use fullbacks to attack the wings. We'd have plenty of running & tackling ability in the middle but SWP & Ireland would have to be very disciplined and balance defending and supporting Vinny against bombing forward to support Rob/RSC/Owen. With a quality, pacy LB and another Vinny type for tough/away games (rotate SWP and Ireland or even rest Robinho for these) I could see this set-up scoring a lot of goals.

I would love to see that.

avoidconfusion said:
bluemoondays said:

I would love to see that.
looks good to me, that is why we need to let Hughes sort this mess out. we're not far away from being a consistant top side. It's just 4 or 5 good signings in jan and it would look good, we've got the money to do it.

I'd like to see Owen and Cruz together, and we do need players who can hit the ground running. We have GOT to sort out our CBs though, it must be done, it's fecking priority, no more games or unwillingness to call it for what it is...I'm with Ribena on this one: our CBs are a waste of space (which IS what he meant).

i would take owen simply because he isnt a confidence player like RSC....this season RSC has been lacking in confidence and it has shown in his teams inability to win games and convert chances.

owen on the other hand has had to re-invent himself that many times i dont think confidence even comes into it

added to this the fact we will have some top class strikers in the next month/season then whoever we buy now would have to be up to that standard or at least capable of coming off the bench (without any confidence hangups) and bagging goals.....only owen can do this for me

shadygiz said:
i would take owen simply because he isnt a confidence player like RSC....this season RSC has been lacking in confidence and it has shown in his teams inability to win games and convert chances.

owen on the other hand has had to re-invent himself that many times i dont think confidence even comes into it

added to this the fact we will have some top class strikers in the next month/season then whoever we buy now would have to be up to that standard or at least capable of coming off the bench (without any confidence hangups) and bagging goals.....only owen can do this for me
Really good comment

We need to start playing 2 up front at home ffs and these two would fit the bill! I dont mind playing 1 up front away from home but we need another player in Kompanys mold to help support SWP/Ireland and Robinho behind the lone striker!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.