Santander police ?

kippax88

hey i was listening to the game on radio and they said somthing about a "big crush" getting into the ground and the police handled it rather badly ?

was any 1 there and what actually happend ? plus did we take many fans ?

Wasn't there but i also heard about the alleged 'crush' ...... media sites say we took 950 fans to the game.

They opened the gates after 10 mins and everyone strolled in..still got me ticket!

Class couple of days...the santander foks were brilliant with us.

Actually it was drunken City fans causing the problem pushing from the back, women, little children crying being crushed and the City fans behind shout Push Push. The Police came in and was a bit heavy handed, however if they hadn't of reacted it would of got a lot worst.

The proble was that Santander has one turnstyle to let all the city fans through and the ticket had to bar coded through a machine and really frustrated everyone. Not the best organisation.

londonbluez said:
and nobody has mentioned the reception commitee at the airport, riot police with masks whats that all about
They were bizarre...never seen coppers looking so moody...sad thing was it was uncalled for..there was no meither with the locals at all...quite the opposite.

I was at the front of the crush. They had one turnstyle open, it was a recipe for a disaster (was suprised no-one got more seriously hurt). We were there for about 20 minutes, not moving, so the police waded in about 10 feet from the turnstyle and started smacking people with batons to get them to move back, although they should have started from the back, moving people away. It was a crowd control problem, and shouldn't have been allowed to happen, but the Spanish police proved every story about them: they're baton-weilding morons who just have a go when they want to.

I was telling the coppers when I got in that they had to open the turnstyle and just let people in because otherwise they were minutes away from something far more serious, but they told me to go away, I wasn't bladdered or anything.

Shame really, because the Santander fans were great, and after the game they were slagging off the coppers too because they saw what happened.

one of my mates got a batton on his head but think he deserved it,apart from that what a good few days we had just go in now after driving from london TOP TIME

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.