Sat nav question

When you get 3 points and a sixty pound fine for STRAYING BY FIVE MPH over the speed limit I think I'm better just to have a little insurance.
I detest the fact that some twats drive round urban areas at 45mph but as soon as they spot a camera they launch on the brakes and then accelerate like maniacs again.

robspankthemonkey said:
Speed camera's emmmmmm!! lets hope every where else is going to follow the excellent idea by Swindon council and scrap the fookin things, bain of my fookin life!
Fuck that, best to think of them as a tax you can choose to pay or not, I vote they stay.

Its to easy to let your mind wander and accidentally be just over the limit, taken by surprise and wam bam 3points a 60 quid or at the worse a ban and loss of job and every thing else you can stand to lose, i think in a lot of circumstances it can be a tad unfair.
Also we all know that there not just to stop speeding but mainly to bring the money in.

robspankthemonkey said:
Also we all know that there not just to stop speeding but mainly to bring the money in.

Ah, and therein lies the crux of the matter.

From our local paper:

"This came after a change to the way fixed-point cameras were funded. Mr Greenhalgh objected to central Government receiving the cash from fines while Swindon Council had to pay for the upkeep of the cameras."

The council will soon come up with a new plan merely to divert the money back into their own coffers.

Televators said:
robspankthemonkey said:

Ah, and therein lies the crux of the matter.

From our local paper:

"This came after a change to the way fixed-point cameras were funded. Mr Greenhalgh objected to central Government receiving the cash from fines while Swindon Council had to pay for the upkeep of the cameras."

The council will soon come up with a new plan merely to divert the money back into their own coffers.

They will have to, they have probably lost most of there coffers in a Icelandic bank!

robspankthemonkey said:
They will have to, they have probably lost most of there coffers in a Icelandic bank!

I know Wiltshire Council did, but I haven't actually heard anything about Swindon.

Whatever you do don't get a Sony Sat-Nav. My missus bought me one last year at great expense and the bastards stopped allowing online map updates last June - now you have to buy a DVD at, wait for it.......................

£80 quid - or 2/3 the price of the unit itself - f**king ridiculous and the bastard thing keeps crashing now when it gets lost. It had me driving round Leeds like a demented boomerang last week.

robspankthemonkey said:
Its to easy to let your mind wander and accidentally be just over the limit, taken by surprise and wam bam 3points a 60 quid or at the worse a ban and loss of job and every thing else you can stand to lose, i think in a lot of circumstances it can be a tad unfair.
If your mind wanders enough to miss not only the warning signs but also the brightly coloured camera box do you think its a good idea to put yourself in charge of a fast moving ton of metal?

Doctor Congo said:
robspankthemonkey said:
If your mind wanders enough to miss not only the warning signs but also the brightly coloured camera box do you think its a good idea to put yourself in charge of a fast moving ton of metal?

So you've never driven over the speed limit yourself?

NQT said:
Doctor Congo said:
robspankthemonkey said:

So you've never driven over the speed limit yourself?
Yep, never been dopey enough to fail to notice a bright yellow speed camera though, the warning signs are a reasonable hint.
dft_rdsafety_612072-7.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.