Sat nav question

Doctor Congo said:
robspankthemonkey said:
Its to easy to let your mind wander and accidentally be just over the limit, taken by surprise and wam bam 3points a 60 quid or at the worse a ban and loss of job and every thing else you can stand to lose, i think in a lot of circumstances it can be a tad unfair.
Also we all know that there not just to stop speeding but mainly to bring the money in.
If your mind wanders enough to miss not only the warning signs but also the brightly coloured camera box do you think its a good idea to put yourself in charge of a fast moving ton of metal?

I drive a 17 ton lump of metal as a job and yes i have come around a corner and in an area you don't know and a speed camera can take you by surprise, also i note you say bright yellow camera there's plenty around that are colored green to disguise the cameras with tree's and bushes behind it,
I also don't believe that you have never let your concentration go a little and you have been slightly off guard when driving for a long time or on particular boring journey.

robspankthemonkey said:
Doctor Congo said:
robspankthemonkey said:
Its to easy to let your mind wander and accidentally be just over the limit, taken by surprise and wam bam 3points a 60 quid or at the worse a ban and loss of job and every thing else you can stand to lose, i think in a lot of circumstances it can be a tad unfair.
Also we all know that there not just to stop speeding but mainly to bring the money in.
If your mind wanders enough to miss not only the warning signs but also the brightly coloured camera box do you think its a good idea to put yourself in charge of a fast moving ton of metal?

I drive a 17 ton lump of metal as a job and yes i have come around a corner and in an area you don't know and a speed camera can take you by surprise, also i note you say bright yellow camera there's plenty around that are colored green to disguise the cameras with tree's and bushes behind it,
I also don't believe that you have never let your concentration go a little and you have been slightly off guard when driving for a long time or on particular boring journey.
Well let us hope its not a kid that takes you by surprise next time you speed around a corner in an unknown area in your 17 ton lump of metal.

Not sure what you mean by off guard, but if I choose to speed and I get caught then I've no cause to moan. In the mean time, if it keeps my taxes down then I'm happy for you and others to get snapped by speed cameras.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.