Saturday 9th April football thread

Viva Rivaldo said:
masterwig said:
Spurs have to go to Chelsea, the rags and us plus host Arsenal. So on paper we are very firm favourites to finish above them. But I remember last season when they pulled off a couple of surprise wins towards the end that put the pressure on us.

We have to keep picking up points to stay ahead and keep the pressure off the head-to-head.
We've already played Spurs twice; but they do have harder fixtures. Though like you said, everyone thought exactly the same last season, and then they started playing well against big teams for once.

I still think you'll finish 4th, but I also think Spurs will do one of at least Arsenal or Chelsea.

I think we are much stronger now than last season. I can't see Tottenham playing their next 7 games any better than us.

Tottenham still has teams like:

West Brom (Home, but very hard to beat now)..Arsenal home (hard to beat), Chelsea (away, very hard to beat), City (away, very hard to beat), Liverpool (away, tricky game too).

I think they only have 1 easy game left..and thats against Blackpool home. Then they have Birmingham home, and it's a tricky game too :D.

I can see Spurs dropping points from any of those games..but maybe not against Blackpool.

We just have to beat those "easy" teams we got left. And winning home against Spurs would be a nice extra :D

Viva Rivaldo said:
masterwig said:
Spurs have to go to Chelsea, the rags and us plus host Arsenal. So on paper we are very firm favourites to finish above them. But I remember last season when they pulled off a couple of surprise wins towards the end that put the pressure on us.

We have to keep picking up points to stay ahead and keep the pressure off the head-to-head.
We've already played Spurs twice; but they do have harder fixtures. Though like you said, everyone thought exactly the same last season, and then they started playing well against big teams for once.

I still think you'll finish 4th, but I also think Spurs will do one of at least Arsenal or Chelsea.

Yes, you're right. It's Liverpool, the other tough away game.

I think the difference between us and Spurs is that we are still hoping to finish above 4th. They think 4th is the be-all and end-all.

that's true though, if we dont finish 4th we could regress years, if you finish 5th, you'll still be challenging again next season, cause you've got an endless pit of Money and players will always come, so yeah essentially we're fucked if we dont finish 4th

to be fair it's still extremely possible for us, remember last season when we beat Arsenal and Chelsea in the space of 4 days. A lot of you on here are talking about 4th like it's already wrapped up! that's dangerous thinking, and you all seem pretty certain you'll beat us at Eastlands but I'm equally pretty confident Spurs will win that, so it spins in roundabouts depending on who you support. I'd rather take your position than ours, and fair enough we've been less than convincing but you've had a few dud games too so it's all still to play for!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.