Saudi Gov expell Qatari diplomats and cut ties

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 5 Jun 2017.

1. andyhinch

andyhinch

Are you saying I don't have to ship you the 10 dozen Bretton oysters I've just bought then ?

2. SWP's back

SWP's back

Keep them on ice just in case.

3. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    I will take them, plus I'm saving you money on posting them. Everybody wins.

4. andyhinch

andyhinch

I think I might owe Sam a pint though.

5. west didsblue

west didsblue

You've got to hand it to Trump. He never seems to run out of ways to make himself look an even bigger fucking idiot than he already was.

6. TCIB

TCIB

Sicario
    I was actually hoping for you to pay up 3 months of net and get a webcam on your balcony before you fucked of sharpish on the boat as a war started :-D

Can't moan at cheaper, ahh i wondered where the meat came from as it doesn't seem very lush and fertile around there for grass grazing beasts. If they ate sand and supercars they would be spoiled for choice but heyho hehe.

7. BJL_City

BJL_City

just buy him a wig instead.

Sam running to the beach...

8. SWP's back

SWP's back

Qatar bought $14bn of UF fighter jets two weeks ago.

Qatar Emir Navy spent the week on war games manoeuvres with the US Navy in the Persian Gulf, now doing the same with the French.

US State Department issues statement saying they are mystified by the stance of Saudi and UAE:

In Washington's strongest language yet on the Gulf dispute, the State Department said the more time goes by, "the more doubt is raised about the actions taken by Saudi Arabia and the UAE. At this point, we are left with one simple question: Were the actions really about their concerns regarding Qatar's alleged support for terrorism or were they about the long-simmering grievances between and among the GCC countries," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said, referring to the six-nation Gulf Cooperation Council. The fact the State Department bluntly questioned Riyadh and Abu Dhabi's actions in public suggests Washington was keen for the parties to end the dispute.

http://www.gulf-times.com/story/554010/US-State-Dept-mystified-by-Gulf-states-on-Qatar

Does anyone still think the blockade was about the US wanting regime change and Qatar was going to become the next Iraq or Syria? Or have we managed to lay those tin foil hat thoughts to rest?

Saudi and the UAE are doing so well out of this illegal action either with the rest of the world taking a dim view including Canada and Germany this week.

So the rest of the world and Qatar going on as normal whilst anyone insode Saudi and the UAE that expresses support or sympathy with Qatar faces a fine of over £100,000 and 15 years in jail, Hows that for human rights.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2017
  9. SWP's back

SWP's back

I see the Yanks have found out that the UAE were behind the hack of the Qatar News Agency that started this whole situation off:

The United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of Qatari government news and social media sites in order to post incendiary false quotes attributed to Qatar’s emir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani, in late May that sparked the ongoing upheaval between Qatar and its neighbors, according to U.S. intelligence officials.

Officials became aware last week that newly analyzed information gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies confirmed that on May 23, senior members of the UAE government discussed the plan and its implementation. The officials said it remains unclear whether the UAE carried out the hacks itself or contracted to have them done. The false reports said that the emir, among other things, had called Iran an “Islamic power” and praised Hamas.

The hacks and posting took place on May 24, shortly after President Trump completed a lengthy counterterrorism meeting with Persian Gulf leaders in neighboring Saudi Arabia and declared them unified.

Citing the emir’s reported comments, the Saudis, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt immediately banned all Qatari media. They then broke relations with Qatar and declared a trade and diplomatic boycott, sending the region into a political and diplomatic tailspin that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has warned could undermine U.S. counterterrorism efforts against the Islamic State.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/uae-hacked-qatari-government-sites-sparking-regional-upheaval-according-to-us-intelligence-officials/2017/07/16/00c46e54-698f-11e7-8eb5-cbccc2e7bfbf_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_usqatar-640pm-winner:homepage/story&utm_term=.c0cd7c70c2b8

--------

I'm just glad the French and British FM's have been to the Gulf along with Rex Tillerson putting Saudi and the UAE back in their box in the last two weeks. Bunch of arseholes.

10. SWP's back

SWP's back