sauerkraut? (no, not a thread about Karl Heinz)

MCFCinUSA

(expat based in USA) but past year back in the UK
Team supported
City since 1977
can anyone please help me find organic live sauerkraut in or around Manchester?

thank you!

(we have a west coast company over here who make the most delicious stuff that's sold nationwide in Costco, but I'm not sure if they export to the UK... and it tastes fantastic with 'artisan' sausages in hot dog buns!)

http://wildbrine.com/a-wild-culture/

Raw-Organic-Sauerkraut-306x388.png

thank you!

(we have a west coast company over here who make the most delicious stuff that's sold nationwide in Costco, but I'm not sure if they export to the UK... and it tastes fantastic with 'artisan' sausages in hot dog buns!)

We have a couple of costco’s in Manchester, they tend to sell the same goods worldwide.

I really don’t know how you can eat that shite though.

thank you!

Make it yourself and you will never eat the shit out of jars again. Far superior.

Make it yourself and you will never eat the shit out of jars again. Far superior.

yes - you're absolutely right & I have done, until an ex-girlfriend threw out my Korean kimchi earthenware jar when the batch I had going in her kitchen stayed too long (I'd not visited in a while and had was en route to moving in with another girlfriend) - besides which, I won't have time to make sauerkraut from scratch when I'm over in the UK on this trip.. I'm going to be in Turkey, Cyprus and Manchester/Blackburn/London, with possible trips to Brighton, Huddersfield & Leicester - the latter two depending on ticketing arrangements, so I'm taking the short cut and looking for 'the real deal' but on the supermarket shelves so I can indulge 'on the hoof', ehehe

;o)

yes - you're absolutely right & I have done, until an ex-girlfriend threw out my Korean kimchi earthenware jar when the batch I had going in her kitchen stayed too long (I'd not visited in a while and had was en route to moving in with another girlfriend) - besides which, I won't have time to make sauerkraut from scratch when I'm over in the UK on this trip.. I'm going to be in Turkey, Cyprus and Manchester/Blackburn/London, with possible trips to Brighton, Huddersfield & Leicester - the latter two depending on ticketing arrangements, so I'm taking the short cut and looking for 'the real deal' but on the supermarket shelves so I can indulge 'on the hoof', ehehe

;o)

Haha, I imagine a fermenting jar of sauerkraut in the luggage is not such a good idea.

This thread deserves so much more and it will fucking get it, at least of me. Firstly in the name of @jimharri pics you ****, secondly fucking live sauerkraut... are you serious you fucking multinational cross brit yank bi gender identifying twathead (sorry i meant non of it, i was going for a good old comical rant xD ) Is it like organic quinoa shampoo now being available at waitrose for all those disgusted quinoa shampoo users desperate for an organic variation?

I will look for you mate since i am waiting for my bbq ribs to finish off and i am bastard starving. If i can find it do you need it sending to a hotel or something if it is a rare order/hard to get on x date?

Also can i ask what is the recipe for that sesame vinegar based coleslaw in America if you know it off the top of your head. This i bought by the gallon pot along with pork scratchings which were like 2 bucks for a huge bag mainly because they were out of fashion in the USA then i guess. The slaw seemed to have an oil in it and sesame seeds or something and easily available at

Edit: Links...

https://www.abelandcole.co.uk/organic-raw-sauerkraut-profusion-520g

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.