sauerkraut? (no, not a thread about Karl Heinz)

I'm sure this is nothing new to you TCIB, but I'll post it nevertheless - if you have a brand in mind please follow-up:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/sesame-coleslaw-5638

Gonna make that now cheers. Our stuff is pretty thick and heavy, it gets boring after a bit.

So do you want me to buy one and keep it in the fridge for a bit until you do come over boss? I usually shop at waitrose or tesco but i don't mind buying a weeks shop from ocado or wherever sells your sauerkraut. If you have a specific brand in mind just note it and i'll grab it :-)

Gonna make that now cheers. Our stuff is pretty thick and heavy, it gets boring after a bit.

So do you want me to buy one and keep it in the fridge for a bit until you do come over boss? I usually shop at waitrose or tesco but i don't mind buying a weeks shop from ocado or wherever sells your sauerkraut. If you have a specific brand in mind just note it and i'll grab it :-)

that's a very generous offer, thank you - and if we were travelling together up to Huddersfield (and I need a ticket) or down to Leicester (ditto) I would take you up on the offer and reciprocate with a beer/bite to eat with your company.. I'm likely to pick up one of these & a few other things just after I land & have rented a vehicle at the airport, as I'm eating probiotics daily at the moment, and am going to be in country for a couple of weeks (Feyenoord, Huddersfield & Leicester, eheh) as well as taking in Cyprus and Istanbul.

much appreciate your postings TCIB; you can't beat Bluemooners.

that's a very generous offer, thank you - and if we were travelling together up to Huddersfield (and I need a ticket) or down to Leicester (ditto) I would take you up on the offer and reciprocate with a beer/bite to eat with your company.. I'm likely to pick up one of these & a few other things just after I land & have rented a vehicle at the airport, as I'm eating probiotics daily at the moment, and am going to be in country for a couple of weeks (Feyenoord, Huddersfield & Leicester, eheh) as well as taking in Cyprus and Istanbul.

much appreciate your postings TCIB; you can't beat Bluemooners.

Gotcha, it is not super rare that you can't grab it you just needed to do a little digging to find the places. I had never heard of it tbh so thought it may be like hens teeth.

Is there a big difference in taste? or is it all on the microbial level the goodness happens with this?

Made the coleslaw, i fucked up because in my rush i have sod all to eat it with, got a pork butt in the fridge so i'll do that tomorrow. Tomorrow night is for the taste of America that nothing else comes close to, bbq pork and your coleslaw. I was pretty devastated when i came back to the UK and found i could not get it.

as earlier posters have mentioned, you can easily make sauerkraut yourself if you've a suitable container (and there are 'experts' who advise you to do so for various reasons) but it takes a few weeks to a month or so... the commercial stuff I bought off the shelf at a US Costco tastes amazingly good (it's organic and a live culture) and is tasty enough just to eat out of the tub, although I enjoy it the most with a preservative-free gourmet sausage in a hot dog bun.

- the taste in several of the commercial tubs I've bought (both from the same brand) has varied, but that's perfectly okay.

for anyone curious about diet in general, I would recommend Dr Terry Wahls's fascinating TED Talk, which just might be the most important 18 mins of video I've ever watched, outside of the replay highlights of Man City 3 - QPR 2:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.