Scarblu - Colin Martin

To his credit Scar never once forgot to remind me to get my coat on the way out, or order me a taxi.
Had me in tears of laughter many a time.
R.I.P. Colin. You'll never be forgotten on Bluemoon.

I once had a marvellous picture of him, posing with that big daft grin he had, seem pleased he looked a right bloody idiot :) that was Colin though. I dug it out just after we lost him and it upset me and made me laugh at the same time. Dont know where it is now but if I find it and with Jo's permission I'll post it, those that knew him will know exactly what I mean when they see it.

I was digging around a while back to move these threads into Classics and came across Ric's obituary for Scar, that he posted on the site 8 years ago.

OBITUARY: COLIN MARTIN 1960-2006

It's difficult to know where to begin when describing a man like Colin, or Scarblu as he was more affectionately known on Bluemoon. A Howard Webb lookalike? Possibly. A man with an unhealthy obsesssion for shell vases? Undoubtedly. Scar was many things to many people, but the warm tones in which Bluemooners have been talking about him since his untimely passing on Friday show just how highly he was regarded by his fellow Blues.

In many ways Scar was Bluemoon in my eyes. From the moment he first joined, way back in 2003, his off-beat, surreal humour has been an integral part of the site and set the tone for the future direction of Bluemoon. Incredibly quick witted yet never malicious, he was blessed with the kind of humour the rest of us can only dream of. He was also incredibly generous, belying his Yorkshire roots, and was the first to offer his assistance as a moderator, a role he excelled in. In many ways a huge part of Bluemoon also died on Friday.

His passion for City was commendable and many a time he would trek across the Pennines, only to see us put in another abject performance in the pissing rain yet still his spirit refused to be dampened and he'd invariably be the life and soul in the pub afterwards, laughing at the absurdity of it all. It is a shame, yet oddly fitting, that his final memory of City will be the dismal defeat against West Ham on Monday. He wouldn't have had it any other way.

Whilst we grieve the passing of a close friend, our thoughts are very much with his family who have lost a father and a husband respectively. The affection with which he spoke about Joanne and their two daughters showed just how much they meant to him; never mind City, they were his world.

Whilst writing this obituary I've been scratching my head, struggling to come up with an appropriate byline to end with. If Scar were here, what would he say? No doubt it'd be "is it Judith Chalmers?".

Rest in peace mate, you may be gone but will never be forgotten and it was a honour to call you a friend. The pleasure and the privilege was all mine.

Ric

Sometimes, when i question what humanity is all about. I read this thread. I end up with tears in my eyes but a warm glow inside.

I still think about Col all the time. Reckon he would have hated the new board, he didnt like the 2005 version ffs. I would also have loved to see his take on the doom and gloom of us only finishing 2nd.

My best regards to you Jo and the girls, i hope you are all well.

Sometimes, when i question what humanity is all about. I read this thread. I end up with tears in my eyes but a warm glow inside.

I still think about Col all the time. Reckon he would have hated the new board, he didnt like the 2005 version ffs. I would also have loved to see his take on the doom and gloom of us only finishing 2nd.

My best regards to you Jo and the girls, i hope you are all well.
good bump russ. he was a lovely lovely man.

Got tears in my eyes reading this. Colin always made me giggle. I still think of vases and Judith Chalmers when I think of him. Got a lovely picture of Colin, Sharon and myself in the Waldorf and I often find myself looking at it and just smiling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.