School Issues. Safeguarding report

Speaking from the school side, it can be notoriously difficult to actually pin 'bullying' down - as you can imagine, the little shits who are bullies always seem to be just far enough away to evade properly being caught. Obviously you've not provided details of the broken arm incident so it's hard to comment.

Also, it really doesn't help matters by wading into school shouting "I'm telling OFSTED" it's not the magic word some parents seem to think it is.

My advice would be thus:

- get your lad to keep an absolutely 100% honest diary of any little incidents, write it all down, names, locations, times.
- if your lad has a really close friend who is witnessing and keeping a diary too that would help
- armed with this, POLITELY ask for a meeting (and follow up with regualr meetings) with the HT and potentially chair of governors if the situation doesn't improve - you want to come away from the first meeting with small adjustments to timetable/classes/seating arrangements things like that. I would probably ask for these to be minuted and get coies of minutes in case of any escalation.

Finally: keep it friendly with the HT, if you go in guns blazing and get their back up, you won't get anywhere.

Not as bad as the OP but i'm also having a bit of bother with my grandson. He's 4 1/2, loves school and is bright and chipper. Couple of weeks ago another kid pushed him in a puddle to get grandsons new coat dirty. Then last week the same kid hit him in the face (alerted to this by a teacher). When my daughter told me i was fuming. I asked her what she told grandson after 2nd incident and she's told him to hit the lad back if he does anything else. That's the advice i would've given him as well but 'officially' he's supposed to tell a teacher.
I want this nipping in the bud before it gets any worse because grandson seems to be a little hesitant going into school now. The other kid is on 'red watch' as he's been a little fucker with others as well. Kids shouldn't be 'scrapping' at this age but i feel it's the only way to put a stop to things.
On a side note i know who the kids dad is and am resisting the urge to take this 'in-house'.

Hope your lad recovers from the arm soon op and things calm down for him.

Update.

Had a meeting this morning with the deputy head and head of year.

They have reviewed CCTV. Given 1 lad 3 days suspension 2 others are in special measures.

Spoken to the police. A section 47 is the crime and they will investigate to see if it has any legs. Since he has a physical injury the operator intimated that they will take it seriously

I will be writing to the board of governors and doing the freedom of information/subject access request.

Need to have a good think and decide what outcome would be best for my lad and myself.
Like the poster above finding it hard not to dish out a bit myself but i think that might not be correct

Update.

They have reviewed CCTV. Given 1 lad 3 days suspension 2 others are in special measures.

Spoken to the police. A section 47 is the crime and they will investigate to see if it has any legs. Since he has a physical injury the operator intimated that they will take it seriously

I will be writing to the board of governors and doing the freedom of information/subject access request.

Need to have a good think and decide what outcome would be best for my lad and myself.
Like the poster above finding it hard not to dish out a bit myself but i think that might not be correct

Going to bully someone else?

The best outcome? Arm healed, lad back in school and enjoying it, bullies stopped, school more pro active with bullying and not show to have buried it all away because of the magic word "OFSTED".

Update.

Don't stoop to their level. A day will come when it appears justice has been served.

I would absolutely pursue any avenue the police offer. Whilst it may not be a physical comeuppance, the fucker that did it will hopefully learn a life lesson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.