School Issues. Safeguarding report

A Freedom of Information request they can refuse. You should ask for all information on your son held by the school, in particular relating to the previous bullying issues you reported giving dates, in the form of a Data Subject Access Request. They have 42 days to provide it. You should offer to pay £10 and even put a cheque in the letter for that amount to avoid delays. Hand the letter to reception and write on the letter "Hand Delivered".

They may want to cover it up like happened to the poster above but there's some good advice on here not least calling the police as the fact is it is at least aggravated assault.

A physical attack resulting in a broken arm is ABH.

If I broke someones arm in a fight I would end up in front of a magistrate having to answer for it. For some reason kids are given a cushty day off and 'special measures' sitting on their own for a few days as a solution. A hard approach is the best route and the schools are powerless in that sense.

The only way things like this will stop is when the frightners are put on and the bullys parents are involved. A police led serious talk usually does it and should be expected really where a crime has potentially been committed. Usually the parents of bullys in these kind of things are the root cause to be honest...

Far more serious but I knew a school where a couple of g*ts were bullying a lad and one day were caught with BBguns (no evidence they used them though) which ended up being the last straw. A firearms offence and a talk with the kid+parents from the armed police unit soon sorted it...

Update.

Had a meeting this morning with the deputy head and head of year.

They have reviewed CCTV. Given 1 lad 3 days suspension 2 others are in special measures.

Spoken to the police. A section 47 is the crime and they will investigate to see if it has any legs. Since he has a physical injury the operator intimated that they will take it seriously

I will be writing to the board of governors and doing the freedom of information/subject access request.

Need to have a good think and decide what outcome would be best for my lad and myself.
Like the poster above finding it hard not to dish out a bit myself but i think that might not be correct

Hold tight mate. Damn sure the coppers would be on you in a shot if you 'had a word'. I have too say though, your resolve is admirable. If Some fucker broke my grandsons arm i'd go apeshit.

boys will be boys and that includes bullying ,its not nice but it happens and will imo always happen ,toughen your lad up ,take him to boxing on the quiet then when the bullies come back he can knock the fuck out of one of them ,that will stop the bullying.

boys will be boys and that includes bullying ,its not nice but it happens and will imo always happen ,toughen your lad up ,take him to boxing on the quiet then when the bullies come back he can knock the fuck out of one of them ,that will stop the bullying.

Yes meet violence with more violence thats sure to stop it.

Don't stoop to their level. A day will come when it appears justice has been served.

I would absolutely pursue any avenue the police offer. Whilst it may not be a physical comeuppance, the fucker that did it will hopefully learn a life lesson.
The little bastard will probably get a holiday to Disney world

Can’t the op brick the bullies windows and petrol bomb the dads car, or is that counted as counterproductive these days

- get your lad to keep an absolutely 100% honest diary of any little incidents, write it all down, names, locations, times.
- if your lad has a really close friend who is witnessing and keeping a diary too that would help

I know you mean well but the lad’s getting bullied already, carrying around a little diary is gonna attract more bullies lol

Sorry to hear about ur son btw op, hope it gets sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.