Scott Hetherington (RIP)

The thing is, where does the club draw the line? Personally i think these tributes should be made at half-time where they could put up a picture of any city fans who have recently passed away and the families, friends and fans could have a quiet reflection as well as the end of year tributes. What would happen for instance if 5 city fans died next week and they all wanted a picture up and a minutes applause at different times? Maybe a picture and a few words in the matchday programme would be a good idea. I also personally prefer a minutes silence to a minutes applause.
RIP SCOTT.
I agree with this, we do this once a year at Christmas and for me that's enough.

However, whether they died on the battle field, from cancer or in a car crash it it equally tragic for the families.
No life is more important than another.

Got to agree with this post, no one life is more important than another even irrespective of whether or not they are a blue. Respects paid once a year at Christmas is enough, having matches regularly interrupted to applaud someone who has died is becoming all too frequent.

city will respond to the request.
This man was a serving member of the armed forces and a blue - he should without a doubt get recognition.
Ill be applauding / paying respect.
RIP
I went to school with his dad and auntie, I know for a fact that city sent a letter and some flowers, touch of class from the club.

I've said before and I'll say it again, I am completely comfortable with doing a minute's applause, even if it every single game. It's one minute in 95 for God's sake! No problem reccognising the passing of a Blue and if it makes their family and friends feel better, then brilliant.

I've said before and I'll say it again, I am completely comfortable with doing a minute's applause, even if it every single game. It's one minute in 95 for God's sake! No problem reccognising the passing of a Blue and if it makes their family and friends feel better, then brilliant.

It's slowly crept into our game through social media. I'm with the ones that say leave it for Christmas. No one is bigger than anyone else and more deserving of it whatever their job. Always sad when a blue dies and may this one RIP.

Probably more than one minute. I dont know how many names were shown at the recent end of year tribute but it looked to be well over 100. So more like 4 or 5 minutes applause at every home match. I suppose they could combine them all into one minutes applause at a set time during every game but I think it would lose its meaning.

I think most fans would make a distinction for a member of the armed forces, but I cant say I like the idea of someone deciding who passes a worthiness test.

Guys,this thread is about paying respect to a wonderful young man who has died while on active service,if you attend the game and choose not to join in the applause then that is your perogative.
So,with that in mind,can we please keep this thread on topic and not derail the condolences with debate concerning the merits of such a tribute - as thats an entirely different discussion.

Thank you.

City fans round the world pass away on a weekly basis it unrealistic to do it for everyone .it was tried for a well known City fan a few games ago it was a dismal flop as not many of the bluemoon members have even bothered to respond to the thread i wonder if this one will be any more successful. I think it more apropiate and much more respectable to remember all fallen blues like they do now once a year on the first game in the new year RIP

Guys,this thread is about paying respect to a wonderful young man who has died while on active service,if you attend the game and choose not to join in the applause then that is your perogative.
So,with that in mind,can we please keep this thread on topic and not derail the condolences with debate concerning the merits of such a tribute - as thats an entirely different discussion.

Thank you.

See this is the problem. Someone comes on when their friend dies and asks us all to join in their tribute, lots of people aren't comfortable with the idea yet are told to stick to the script.
Perhaps we should have a seperate forum solely for posters to pass on their condolences etc?

On the 22nd minute of the next home match we would all like to pay our respects to lance corporal Scott Hetherington who was a city fan. Please could you pass this message on so we all applaud for the sacrifice this young man gave for us. Thank you.
Come on you blue boys please show your respect for a fellow blue and more so a brave young guy whom put is life on the line to fight for our country PLEASE SUPPORT ON THE 22ND MINUTE WITH AN APPLAUSE TO PAY RESPECT RIP SCOTT AND THANKS FOR YOUR BRAVERY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.