Scottish Guy arrested in Dubai, UAE

I've only been to Dubai two or three times (plus passing through the airport), but I have to confess I have always felt just slightly uneasy. SWP would know far better than me, but it seems to me that you're basically playing russian roulette albeit with a very large gun cylinder and just the one bullet.

Things can happen entirely outside your control. Say your driving along and a car goes up the back of you, entirely not your fault. If it's any old Joe, probably you'll be OK, but if it happens to be someone related to a royal or anyone connected with them, you're likely in deep shit.

I heard they had some pretty archaic laws on that too...I suppose if they are royal they get away with a bit of bummery :)

If the bloke who had his hip touched retracted his complaint why have they still sent this poor bloke to prison. Is there some form of homosexual bigotry undertone going on here because he's caused no injury to the other bloke and for the life of me I can't see how he's ended up in the pokey. Think the Foreign Office should be getting involved here and making efforts to negotiate his immediate release.

If the bloke who had his hip touched retracted his complaint why have they still sent this poor bloke to prison. Is there some form of homosexual bigotry undertone going on here because he's caused no injury to the other bloke and for the life of me I can't see how he's ended up in the pokey. Think the Foreign Office should be getting involved here and making efforts to negotiate his immediate release.

He's going to prison for being intoxicated.

He's going to prison for being intoxicated.

Right, I thought it was because he had put his hands on someones hips. If thats the law I certainly wouldn't be supping If this is what can happen to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.