Scottish Guy arrested in Dubai, UAE

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SWP's back, 7 Oct 2017.

1. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

We went on our Xmas do at the Bierkeller in town last year. I was bang smack in the middle of a flare up with my Crohns disease at the time. That oompah dance thingy everyone does left me in absolute agony. Never ever again.

2. SWP's back

SWP's back

Very real yeah.

As mentioned more likely for Brits to get banged up in the UAE than any other country.

3. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

shark fisherman
    You are quite the raconteur

4. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

A girl I know got arrested out there for being pissed, she went outside the hotel to give her mum, who was visiting her, the keys for the apartment and got pinched.

She wasn't even that drunk either.

You'd never see daylight again I'm guessing if you got caught doing that lol.

5. Southern

Southern

Drunk enough though? Are do the police over there just pick and choose depending on their mood?

6. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

I think some members of police forces everywhere are guilty of that but my point is the law there, as opposed to the office specifically.

Do you believe it should be an arrestable offence for being only just too drunk to drive and walking out of a hotel for 20 seconds before going back in?

7. calum down

calum down

otium cum dignitate
  8. CTID1988

CTID1988

Shithole.

9. SWP's back

SWP's back

Absolutely yeah. They are low paid and not Emirati but get bonuses based on arrests.

An expat with blood in the system is easy pickings.

10. SWP's back

SWP's back

He’s been found guilty and sentenced for drinking alcohol (in a licensed bar):

“A spokesman for the prosecution service in Dubai confirmed the sentencing saying: 'On the drinking charge, he has been sentenced to a month in jail, fined 2,000 dirhams (£412) and will be deported.

'His next appearance on the public indecency case is on October 22.'”