Scouser Nails Modern Football - & It's the Same with Us

SeasonCards costing regular fans more than £500. Half'n'half scarves, selfie sticks, tourists, day trippers. People going to the match just to say they went to the match (they may or may not support the teams on show and don't particularly care about the result). City coming out to warm up and half the stand clap but then Real Madrid come out to warm up and half the stand are falling over seats in a scramble to take photos and videos of Ronaldo in our own stand - fucking disgraceful! Clubs pushing themselves to a worldwide audience and making their core local fans feel disillusioned and feel like their clubs could drop their place name and just be called names like FC Moon City or The Reds FC or The Red Devil's FC if they'd get away with it. The matchday experience making it feel like a kids' theme park. Players claiming for everything even when it's blatantly obvious it's the other way. Players pretending to be injured when they're fucking not. Players acting hard for no reason with their "hard man" faux frown. The terrible terrible quality punditry on tele from thick as fuck morons who can hardly string a sentence together "he done well there" "he's went down too easy" and not knowing that adverbs have 'ly's at the end. The terrible terrible quality of football press and other media.

Modern football is fucking rubbish!
Think you need to get back on your meds

With terraces you stood with your mates and your mates mates - who then became your mates.
Do you even know the names of the blues around you sat there?
That's why people go off and seek their mates at half time.

And there in lies the crux of the atmosphere debate.
They need a re-think if they want to get atmospheres around all grounds going.
They could start with finding a way to let mates stand together.
Mates who meet up together and drink together beforehand and then go to different sections ad sit down with strangers.

They also need to make it affordable for a younger demographic.
They need a core of 18-30 year old males. And I don't want to sound sexist about that.

If they could address these two things alone, I think you would go some way to restoring a decent atmosphere at most grounds.
There have been a lot of other very credible suggestions made also particularly by the 1894 group,
but I see the two suggestions above as being the starting point.

I think also, in the interest of future safety etc., and not wanting to see a return to laddish/anti-social behaviour or plain hooliganism,
then you need an element of self policing amongst the core crowd. I read decent suggestions in the atmosphere thread about how that could
be controlled by official fan groups. So I don't think any of this is undo-able, as long as the will is there from the clubs.

I loved going to Maine road as a kid back in the day, would I have taken my lad there, not a chance. Times change, as do perceptions. The world moves on,,,,,apparently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.