Search function

We’ve temporarily disabled it to relieve the load on the server.

Anyone having issues with the Search function not working properly (i.e., not returning all correct results)?

Over the past few weeks I have done general keyword searches to determine if an appropriate thread exists for me to post certain content in and am finding that I can find certain threads via manual review of the various thread listing pages in each forum but often those threads do not appear when I search a keyword with the ‘Search title only’ box checked.

For example, I posted about the Fidalgo signing in the Women’s Team - 2018/2019 Season thread as I did not see a Women’s Team 2019/20 thread in the Bluemoon forum after scrolling through a few pages of thread listings and searching “Women”, “Women’s”, “Womens”, “Ladies” in the threads titles via search (with and without quotes). Now, I must have missed that thread in one of the thread listing pages, as my posts was rightly moved, but it would have been avoided altogether if the search had returned correct results.

Even right now searching “Women’s” in the Bluemoon forum with ‘Search titles only’ returns no results for me. It produces only one result when searching all forums (which is also not the “Women’s team - 2019/2020 Season” thread. Searching “Women’s team - 2019/2020 Season” also returns no results.

Not a major issue, of course, but it does make more work for posters and mods if the search is not working properly.

@SebastianBlue I see what you mean. I played about with likely wildcards and the * symbol seems to work. For instance searching for threads titles with Women* in appears to bring up all threads correctly with Women, Womens & Women's in the thread title in correct date order.

@SebastianBlue I see what you mean. I played about with likely wildcards and the * symbol seems to work. For instance searching for threads titles with Women* in appears to bring up all threads correctly with Women, Womens & Women's in the thread title in correct date order.
I was doing that as well and found the * wildcard generally provides better results but still not perfect ones. It’s very strange, as some searches using partial strings without the wildcard return full relevant thread title strings and some do not. Often no results are returned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.