Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

I'm hoping to hang on to my existing (£615) seat for 2 more seasons until I qualify for an FOCs concession.
I have 3 seasons to go (I am 62 this June) before I can qualify for my concessionary ticket. £615 season card should be @£300/£320 then,so should be very good value. A nice little reward from the club for 50 years of support.

Prices going up means atmosphere going down. Part of the reason clubs can get away with it is because they know fans don’t like getting slagged off for ‘empty seats’. Personally, I don’t give a fuck about empty seats, I care more about whether the tickets are affordable or not.

When you look at what those robbing bastards at Spurs are charging you have to say we are very lucky at City

i dont think any club or fan should comparing prices to spurs now. what they going to charge fans is scandalous. I've seen 400 quid prices increase for pretty much the same seat- thousands of spurs fans are gonna be priced out. spurs fans and fans in general need to grow a backbone and protest or not show up or something. I'm glad we arent spurs fans haha

i dont agree with that. with all the 100s of millions in tv revenue, sponsorships, the owners we could easily lower ticket prices and make it more affordable. id say its the price of being a premier league club now...... look at spurs and others, huge increases in prices with no success/trophies. clubs have to be careful now, there are more empty seats at every ground and the biggest problem is that there are barely anyone 30s attending matches now. its going to be a huge problem in a few years when no one is replacing the older fans. its just pure greed from most clubs. all liverpool fans did was walk out the ground and liverpool easily lowered the prices, so they can do it.

your ssl3 ticket makes up a tiny section of the ground. in every other section it has gone up and i think fans are being pushed to the limit now, with lots not going. you can see it around the ground - mostly 50+ year olds and i know loads of people who have stopped. the main city supporters club need to stand up for the fans for once and actually demand affordable prices. Kompany is doing that now, which i hope makes a difference.

There is no doubt the club, with the tv deal, could put the prices down, pies could be cheaper or free, drinks free etc etc and although that might be the right thing to do but the reality is that is not happenning.

As long as the club is successful and their is a demand for tickets prices will increase accordingly. No argument from me its right just a fact of life sadly.

There is no doubt the club, with the tv deal, could put the prices down, pies could be cheaper or free, drinks free etc etc and although that might be the right thing to do but the reality is that is not happenning.

As long as the club is successful and their is a demand for tickets prices will increase accordingly. No argument from me its right just a fact of life sadly.

FFP doesnt help this when income needed to balance spending
but no media dare say

I dont agree mate that its a fact of life. there are loads of clubs , huddersfield and pretty much every single Bundesliga club that have affordable tickets. its literally just the club that chooses not to. I'm not directing this at you personally, but i think fans in general need to fight back more against basically being priced out and not just accept it. if we did that they would have no choice, but to listen to us.

i think football is reaching a point where fans are drifting away. demand is apparently high for most clubs, but look around the grounds, loads of empty seats and no young people ( as i mentioned before). something has got to give as its damaging skys 'product' imo. its brilliant we have some cheaper tickets and hopefully that continues.

There is more chance that Jose Mourinho will stand up for us than Kevin Parker.

maybe the official supporters club and kevin parker do loads of things behind the scenes. however i rarely i hear them actually standing up for fans or against price increases. I hear more from our captain and the 1894 group. what do they actually do ? I've seen kevin parker in the corporate section more then anywhere else.

i feel like we could do with a proper sort of city supporters union or something along those lines.

I dont agree mate that its a fact of life. there are loads of clubs , huddersfield and pretty much every singletated its Bundesliga club that have affordable tickets. its literally just the club that chooses not to. I'm not directing this at you personally, but i think fans in general need to fight back more against basically being priced out and not just accept it. if we did that they would have no choice, but to listen to us.

i think football is reaching a point where fans are drifting away. demand is apparently high for most clubs, but look around the grounds, loads of empty seats and no young people ( as i mentioned before). something has got to give as its damaging skys 'product' imo. its brilliant we have some cheaper tickets and hopefully that continues.
One of the more obvious reasons for fans deserting grounds is the TV coverage.As franksinatra stated that its also the transport costs.Add on to that the stupid kick off times nowadays.

maybe the official supporters club and kevin parker do loads of things behind the scenes. however i rarely i hear them actually standing up for fans or against price increases. I hear more from our captain and the 1894 group. what do they actually do ? I've seen kevin parker in the corporate section more then anywhere else.

i feel like we could do with a proper sort of city supporters union or something along those lines.
That was tried in the past with the Centenary Supporters Association but our current owners wanted a single body again

I dont agree mate that its a fact of life. there are loads of clubs , huddersfield and pretty much every single Bundesliga club that have affordable tickets. its literally just the club that chooses not to. I'm not directing this at you personally, but i think fans in general need to fight back more against basically being priced out and not just accept it. if we did that they would have no choice, but to listen to us.

You are correct mate it fans made a stand, and refused to pay, that could have an impact on prices but back to my first post that affects the demand.

German clubs I believe have a different model due to clubs being partly owned by fans so have more of a say in the runnng of the club.

My only point really was, with everything remaining the same,if city become more successful, demand increases so will prices as we have seen over the past 10 years. But you are correct fans are probably the only body which can change this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.