Seat Ibiza DSG Gearbox Failure - Advice

The fact they have offered 30% towards repair shows they know they are at fault and are trying to pull a fast one.

Stand your ground mate.

About time our government stepped in like the US and laid into these robbing bastards and protected consumers properly.

The fact they have offered 30% towards repair shows they know they are at fault and are trying to pull a fast one.

Stand your ground mate.

About time our government stepped in like the US and laid into these robbing bastards and protected consumers properly.
We put a detailed email together and sent it to the Seat Uk MD today... nothing heard yet but hopefully it will get a response ... mentioned the VW Asia extended warranty for these boxes setting a clear precedent.. they are flawed.... hoping they do the right thing and cough up

The DSG box was the reason I got rid of my Audi TT. It had done 90,000 and started showing signs of the dreaded fault that after research suggested a repair cost of anywhere between £1,800 and £4,500. Ended up trading it in before it went kaput.

It's normally the Mechatronic unit (the electronic brain) that goes rather than the gearbox itself. When I was looking into it, there was a small number of companies that were offering repairs to the Mechatronic unit but it was a new thing & I didn't really trust it before it had shown to work under the test of time, so it might be worth looking into.

By the way, the DSG warranty in the USA was extended to 100,000 miles due to the amount of lawsuits and the number of faults, yet VAG Europe refused to follow suit and admit there was an inherent fault.

I'd never buy another DSG because of this but I wish you the best of luck getting it sorted.

Steve

My lad got a call today from Seat UK, senior manager apparently.. she was very condescending and when they discussed China and the USA extending the warranty on these boxes she said "But you're not in China".... She suggested the 30% was a reasonable gesture considering they are not obliged to pay anything but did say she would give a final decision Monday along with an escalation route if Ashley (My lad) isn't happy... She agreed to speak to the dealer again to gather information.. meaning she will do fuck all and repeat the same message Monday....

Next stop (depending on the result) Watchdog and escalation to VW Group.... My lad is more stubborn than me so won't back down...

It stinks but he has no legal right to support in the UK....

Repair and sale.... then a lease for him next maybe as he'll be circa £2k down (Not a Seat)....

He needs to listen to his old man next time when he tells him to take out a bloody warranty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.