Seeing Stars at City

Harvster

No, I'm not interested in when you got whacked in the mush by the ball at a match

What I do need to know is which celebrity you have seen at a City fixture

Any evidence, information, or anecdote you wish to supply in support of your nomination, is to be very much encouraged

I will start with AP McCoy popping his Porsche in the same car park as us at the Carabao Cup Final

I have no photographic proof, but call the evidence of the stranger who walked past saying "I've just had my photo taken with AP McCoy in the car park"

Interesting information - I thought jockeys were small, but McCoy is a least 5 foot 8

Anecdote - Whilst playing the obligatory 'which celebrity did I see at the Cup Final' game, (I can only answer yes or no, obs) it was coming to a thrilling, frenzied, noisy ending.
The chaps had narrowed it down to a sports star who is a leading name in their field, which does not include a ball. Athletics - no, motor racing - no, darts - no, horse racing - Alan Partidge style shrug, at which new boy George (who can be named and shamed as he is a rag) booms out - It's a Horseman!

Further interesting information - Jockeys are sometimes known as horsemen

I seen Curly Watts on Barlow Moor Rd in the early 90s with a blonde bird also seen Tim Booth from James walk past my shop in Withington he was on his jack strolling casually. I suspect he'd just been in that pie in the sky cafe that was above sharp dressed man. Withington is a right dive compared to what it was 25-30 year ago

Henry Kissinger, Boutros Boutros Ghali, double dating with Kate Bush and Pricilla Presley. They were at the food outlet near 102 on Sunday and each of them was scoffing a butter pie and a pint of fosters. Said hi, but wish I had taken a photo.

Interesting information - I thought jockeys were small, but McCoy is a least 5 foot 8
Jump jockeys are generally taller than flat race jockeys. Flat races are more about pure speed so the lighter the jockey the better, over the sticks it's more a case of endurance and strength so taller, heavier jockeys are not as much of a hindrance.

On topic I recall seeing Helen Flanagan in the car park at Stoke a few years ago waiting for Scott Sinclair. She's quite small (in height at least!). Sorry, no pics!

Watched the carabao cup final next to bill leivers son.

Also met trautmann when I was 8 at Maine road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.