Semi v Them

ccr

Flicking through you tube vids as you do. Reminiscing ,saw a vid of blues on Wembley way before the semi against the rags. Arrogant swamp life. Just wondered if there were any taken after the game ? Not that I wish to gloat.But please feed this gloat.

This landmark game has never received the acclaim it deserves , in almost 50 years watching the Blues it is right up there for me . On a world stage we took them on and won in style .Always remember a rag I knew through work asking why we did the Poznan as their team was read out........It was showing our contempt for your team your club and your fans. What a powerful statement we made that day.

This is THE game in the recent history of Manchester football.
It signified our arrival. But more importantly it signified the start of the end of their dominance. From Scholes sending off to the record breaking fire-drill. It began, that day, to dawn on them that something MASSIVE really was happening and they were powerless to stop it.

Fantastic day.

The only problem with it was that it made the final a month later seem an anti-climax in comparison.

It was great seeing half of Wembley full and half completely empty at the end of the game.

Took my lad that day, told him I didn't care if we lost the final. As long as I saw what happened that day ,I would die a happy man. Years of listening to those .................................................... words havn't been invented yet. I was in a dream afterwards, wandering towards the coaches. Ended up in the wrong end. Walked through them with head high, smirking like a little kid. Which is why I would love to see any vids of the aftermath. Cruel but oh so satisfying.

Magic day. Pints with Northenden blues before game, singing "you only live round the corner" to all the passing red tops. The entire game was fantastic, from the Poznan through the goal through Zaba getting Scholes sent off.. to them lot running away before the end. Bus back to hotel and walking into hotel bumped into Mike Summerbee and Brian Marwood getting into a limo.. They gave me a lift to a pub. Where Noel Gallagher was buying pints. Stayed up dining with Garry Cook et al celebrating. Finished up at hotel bar with Jo. Next to the birth of my kids, one of the best days of my life. Oh, and thanks to r.sole of salford for the ticket. :)

w1ze6s.jpg

This is who I was standing next to at match.. any blues recognize anyone?

Was moody as fuck this game...kicking off all over the place outside, the policing was terrible... Me and a load of blues were celebrating the win in a boozer outside Paddington station...really friendly and good spirited, when it got attacked by a load of cockney reds singing 'We're Man United, We do what we want'

Got a broken knuckle as a keepsake...courtesy of one of their chins

Remember was in the pub watching this. Went there all the time and was invested with rags. Anyway after the game i went home again. Thats it. Sorry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.