Sergej Milinković-Savić

Why do we need him ?

Fernandinho, Gundogan & Delph can cover this position.

And since we have the best manager in the world I am sure he can bring one of our loaned players and integrate him to the team.
The Liverpool games in the CL and in Jan told me they can't handle the Klopp Gangenpress. So yes we need to Improve and have two players who can play double pivot on occasion to properly nullify it. And that means a class DM/central midfirlder.

Watched him in Salzburg last week, expecting great things, and was sadly underwhelmed. The only thing he did that was exceptional was that he managed to get booked 20 minutes after having been substituted. Bad day at the office, I suppose.

Yes that's why I said anyone who's watched him specifically. Because anyone who has watched him knows he dominates games in a way Pogba never did (never has), and the importance of his contributions is much higher. Milinkovic-Savic has on several occassions completely singlehanded taken over a game and changed the outcome. You can't see that on a whoscored stat sheet though, you actually have to watch.

I can't claim to have seen a lot of him but I do follow Roma and both times they've played in the league I've watched seeing as it's the derby(also watched Napoli spank Lazio few months ago). I wasn't overly impressed on Sunday, he gave the ball away alot(although he did play a delightful dinked ball for Parolo who skyed it), shot from inside his own half which ill give him a positive mark for as Alisson was off his line(good vision and balls to try it), went wide though. Countless fouls when he tried to tackle. Didn't dribble at all either... Maybe ill watch Lazio against a shit team to see what he's really capable of?

Last edited:
I think we do need to mention it in a lot of these threads as some folks look at what a player does & say we 'must' sign him, but Pep may be looking at it from the point of view that such a player would take KDB or Silva's space for example & not cover the areas they don't do.

That could easily be the case with this guy. If he was 30 mil, I'm sure Pep would just sign him anyway, but at 100 mil plus, he has to be absolutely the right man.
Spot on and something I have raised on here before. Similar to we must sign WC players

The Liverpool games in the CL and in Jan told me they can't handle the Klopp Gangenpress. So yes we need to Improve and have two players who can play double pivot on occasion to properly nullify it. And that means a class DM/central midfirlder.

Liverpool 3 midfielders were ( Chamberlain, Milner & Wijnaldum )
City had ( Fernandinho, Silva & KDB )

Which one is better ?

Which one is better ?
They don't need to be better, they just have to fit the system they play when playing against us better.

That midfield, Liverpool's, is clearly worse against any weaker opposition because they'd have to possess the ball and create. But against a stronger side they can chase around and then counter if they win possession early, they are fantastic.

If you had Naby Keita, Ngolo Kante and Arturo Vidal on a Gengen style squad. They'd probably beat every top team in the league at least once, but struggle often with parked buses.

It's just 2 different breeds of football. I like ours more, but need a bit more energy to last the entire season.

It's clear, we've been tired for a bit. We don't even press as agressively as we used to anymore. I've seen that suffocating press 2ice in about 3 months.

Add a few guys, one in midfield and one in attack, and we can rotate long enough to keep up the pressure all year.

Especially after only little rest post World Cup.

Which one is better ?
That one is easy Liverpools , youth pace power strength stamina , and the understanding that they are part of a back 7, ours is quality skill and understanding, which is why our record is P6,W1,D1,L4, we are better than Liverpool and there is no player i would take from Liverpool but i do use them as a barometer of Peps understanding the EPL

They don't need to be better, they just have to fit the system they play when playing against us better.

That midfield, Liverpool's, is clearly worse against any weaker opposition because they'd have to possess the ball and create. But against a stronger side they can chase around and then counter if they win possession early, they are fantastic.

If you had Naby Keita, Ngolo Kante and Arturo Vidal on a Gengen style squad. They'd probably beat every top team in the league at least once, but struggle often with parked buses.

It's just 2 different breeds of football. I like ours more, but need a bit more energy to last the entire season.

It's clear, we've been tired for a bit. We don't even press as agressively as we used to anymore. I've seen that suffocating press 2ice in about 3 months.

Add a few guys, one in midfield and one in attack, and we can rotate long enough to keep up the pressure all year.

This. 100% this. Klopp is set up to beat Pep's style, but can't maintain it over a season of Pep-ball. Pep's teams almost always win the league, I think a second quality DM is necessary for games like Liverpool to help beat the press.

Watched him in Salzburg last week, expecting great things, and was sadly underwhelmed. The only thing he did that was exceptional was that he managed to get booked 20 minutes after having been substituted. Bad day at the office, I suppose.

Like any young player he is inconsistent. He is a talent but is overrated for me. Sometimes bosses game and sometimes is invisible. Lazio have already turned down insane offers.

He will go for £100m minimum.

No chance he joins us.

Strangely, I agree with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.