Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will think I'm wumming but I'm deadly serious. We used to have a go at fake Ronaldo for scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder but not doing it when it mattered. Aguero's becoming the same sort of player but he doesn't even do anything when he's on the ball if he can't have a shot and needs to play a team-mate in.

He's been a great player for us but I'd get rid while he's got plenty of value and get someone like Suarez or Griezemann, who can make things happen when they're not shooting.

There were two moments last night when I realised he wasn't suited to the way we're playing. The first was in the first half, where we were on the break with three players in shot on the TV and he wasn't one of them. He was miles behind the play. The second was late in the second half when we were pressing Celtic on the edge of their box and he was about 3 yards offside, thereby taking himself out of the game when we most needed him.
I guess that's what Pep means when he says that he can improve his game outside the box.

Were you also right about the twice Ballon D'Or winning Ronando being "that type of player"?
I did an analysis of his goals scored for the rags, probably for KOTK or might even have been on here. The vast majority were against teams in the bottom half. Sergio's record has been much more impressive in that respect.

Pretty sure Sergio will score on Sunday against Spurs - I think he's City's best ever goalscorer and will back 35+ this season. You cant score every game but he fashioned 2 decent chances last night, 1 Nolito scored the rebound and the 2nd his header hit the defender square in the chops and looked goal bound.

People will think I'm wumming but I'm deadly serious. We used to have a go at fake Ronaldo for scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder but not doing it when it mattered. Aguero's becoming the same sort of player but he doesn't even do anything when he's on the ball if he can't have a shot and needs to play a team-mate in.

He's been a great player for us but I'd get rid while he's got plenty of value and get someone like Suarez or Griezemann, who can make things happen when they're not shooting.

There were two moments last night when I realised he wasn't suited to the way we're playing. The first was in the first half, where we were on the break with three players in shot on the TV and he wasn't one of them. He was miles behind the play. The second was late in the second half when we were pressing Celtic on the edge of their box and he was about 3 yards offside, thereby taking himself out of the game when we most needed him.

I don't entirely agree with you but if we are talking about Aguero replacements/successors then Dybala should be at the very top of the list.

He's got absolutely everything.

The intricate play prior to the Nolito rebound goal dispels the 'not a pep player' bollox. He can take a pass under pressure and his goal scoring stats are legend status at city.

Isn't scoring a hattrick every single match and didn't even score at all last night. He has let us down big style again. Get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.