Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the "sell Aguero" line is prize fishing, but on the off-chance it isn't, let's examine the absurd circularity of this logic. On the pre-match thread, many expressed the view that Celtic were a Championship standard team. That means they are worse than Bournemouth, Swansea and certainly Bucharest against whom Sergio netted 8 goals in 3 games.

Presumably if he had fired and scored a hat trick against Celtic yesterday, then we would have won 6-3 and the same. Trolls would have said "see, can only produce it against cannon fodder like Celtic. And if he had bagelled against Swansea, we would have drawn 1-1 or lost 1-0 and it would have been "see, never turns up in the tough away games"

Sergio was really poor v celtic nobody can deny that, but for "city fans" saying we should sell the best striker in the prem by a million miles? Give yourselfs a fuckin head wobble ffs

I am happy to emphatically deny that he was "really poor"

He was really poor. He didn't get on the end of some great crosses put in by Sterling. In the build up play he was continually giving the ball away with misplaced passes.

I was wanting to see Kelechi on instead of him. Kelechi does what Sergio should have been doing, stays in the box and waits for a chance to come along.

Sergio was really poor v celtic nobody can deny that, but for "city fans" saying we should sell the best striker in the prem by a million miles? Give yourselfs a fuckin head wobble ffs

He was made to look poor cos he didn't get any service at all as our midfield couldn't get a second on the ball. Totally agree with the second half of your post

And what's this "there's something not right with Sergio" line I keep seeing. Jesus I wonder what his goals to games ratio will be when he's ok?

Stuff like this makes me laugh. You get one person making an absurd suggestion, in this case selling Aguero, then about 20 people jump in with comments about how this is a new all time low for the forum etc, making it look like it's the consensus on here. It's not. It's one person making an absurd suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.