Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first half was up there with the Monchengladbach game, the first half of West Ham at home and of United away.
I don't think it was as good as any of those performances. Didn't think it was bad by any means but it wasn't quite up to those standards IMO. If it had have been we would have created more clear cut chances from open play, as it is I think some of the final balls weren't good enough. Mind you I missed the first 12 mins due to the turnstiles so maybe the first 12 mins were especially brilliant.

Yup. That's just it.

You can be the better team on the night by far... but Messi, has the ability to single-handedly kill you nonetheless.

Best player in world football now - and for me - best player in world football ever.
A world class talent, undeniably brilliant player. But not fit to lace Maradonna’s boots. Maradonna single-handedly (pardon the pun) took Argentina to victory in win the World Cup. He also joined an absolutely bobbins Napoli team and won them the scudetto and UEFA cup. Maradonna’s on a different planet from Pele, Eusebio, Messi, etc. And that doesn’t mean those players aren’t the cream of football. They are. He's the cherry on top. And then some.

I don't think it was as good as any of those performances. Didn't think it was bad by any means but it wasn't quite up to those standards IMO. If it had have been we would have created more clear cut chances from open play, as it is I think some of the final balls weren't good enough. Mind you I missed the first 12 mins due to the turnstiles so maybe the first 12 mins were especially brilliant.

We weren't exceptionally brilliant but has to be said that it looked like it could be a rout early doors we were getting in behind so easy down their left, credit Koeman he changed it up early and they were as tight as a nun's knickers thereafter.

Pep on Sergio: "When Sergio decides to leave City it will be his decision. Next time you say he is not in my plans, you can call me."
Pep: "Out of my plans? I think I took a decision about my plans, and my plans are that Sergio and Vincent are part of the future of City."
So he is gone in January ,allegedly!
According to body language perverts ;)

Marv, your last sentence is spot on. Whilst we have had a few poor results recently, there cannot be many who cannot see the overall improvement in the team performances. Will only get better with time too.
+1 I absolutely loved watching that Everton game. Don't care if we won or not...the fact that we are going to be playing like that for years is enough for me.

Kun's new outfit for next summer (allegedly...)

yoBDM34.jpg

http://www.eurosport.com/football/p...-aguero-to-inter-milan_sto5912813/story.shtml

Last edited:
Don't think this has been posted but apologies if it has. Super article by Graham Hunter, the Spanish journo, on Pep and his decisions especially Kun. Great to see the reality from a neutral viewpoint.

It will be interesting to read what the Pep disciples say after he dumps Aguero for not pressing, I wonder if they will agree wholeheartedly (pun intended) then.
Probably. As a Pep disciple. I find it easy to follow him. Coz facts matter more than reputation to him. Same folks who moaned Yaya starting every game under Pellars are the same ones moaning coz Aguero doesn't start every game.

I guess all that talk of tough manager who picks strictly on merit, was just all talk. Once you get someone actually doing it you all start whinning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.