Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was as good as any of those performances. Didn't think it was bad by any means but it wasn't quite up to those standards IMO. If it had have been we would have created more clear cut chances from open play, as it is I think some of the final balls weren't good enough. Mind you I missed the first 12 mins due to the turnstiles so maybe the first 12 mins were especially brilliant.
I was pilloried for pointing this out :)

Probably. As a Pep disciple. I find it easy to follow him. Coz facts matter more than reputation to him. Same folks who moaned Yaya starting every game under Pellars are the same ones moaning coz Aguero doesn't start every game.

I guess all that talk of tough manager who picks strictly on merit, was just all talk. Once you get someone actually doing it you all start whinning again.

Interesting, what did Aguero do on the pitch that warranted being omitted for or in other words what merited him being dropped for the biggest game of the season ?

You are right about the Yaya moaners but then again he didn't deserve to be in a blue shirt but Aguero is our top scorer and should have been in the team against Barca.

Interesting, what did Aguero do on the pitch that warranted being omitted for or in other words what merited him being dropped for the biggest game of the season ?

You are right about the Yaya moaners but then again he didn't deserve to be in a blue shirt but Aguero is our top scorer and should have been in the team against Barca.
Here is the philosophy ( at least as I understood it.) To have a chance against Barca we needed to control possession and at the same time limit Barca's build up.

Now , controlling possession required our best passers on the field, and limiting their build up also required our best pressers on the field.

Those were the keys to the game in Pep's mind. Knowing the above, who of our front 6 is weakest on the press and and who were the weakest at keeping possession.

The answer to the above questions was why Aguero was on the bench. It isn't particularly complexed.

Here is the philosophy ( at least as I understood it.) To have a chance against Barca we needed to control possession and at the same time limit Barca's build up.

Now , controlling possession required our best passers on the field, and limiting their build up also required our best pressers on the field.

Those were the keys to the game in Pep's mind. Knowing the above, who of our front 6 is weakest on the press and and who were the weakest at keeping possession.

The answer to the above questions was why Aguero was on the bench. It isn't particularly complexed.

Simply but accurately summed up

Interesting to see on the Inside City this week that all the players who didn't start against Barca trained on Thursday in Barcas mini stadium. No sign of Kun though. Am I reading too much in to that? Clichy, Willy, Sane, Navas, Maffeo, Fernando, Kelechi and Gunn but no sign of Aguero (or Kompany for that matter).

What has that got to do with the post I replied too ?

Again another one of Peps top fans talks down to a poster who doesn't agree with them, we are not stupid, we do understand the tactics as to why he put Aguero on the bench, the point being we had nobody to finish the chances off that was created, so all in all it was a pretty stupid idea no ?

It wasted KDB and Aguero's talent and we then got stuffed 4-0, even when it was all working we were still getting beat 1-0, so not brilliant after all.

you talked about a manager picking players on merit, giving Yaya and Pellegrini as a reverse example of it, now your reply focuses on the tactical aspect of dropping our top scorer, that is fine but not what I was replying to originally is it ?

I asked you what Aguero had done wrong as your implied that our new tough manager picked players on merit.

Tbh I could give two stuffs what you think and it is increasingly like talking to lovesick teenagers, I like Pep well enough and think he will bring success to the team but some things can be questioned and dropping Aguero for whatever reason and leaving us toothless in attack was one such instance, his tactic could have created 50 chances but if our non strikers do not put them away and we lose or draw 0-0 then it is still pretty pointless to drop the best goal scorer at the club.

So you can take your condescending replies and shove them where the sun shines no longer.

What has that got to do with the post I replied too ?

Again another one of Peps top fans talks down to a poster who doesn't agree with them, we are not stupid, we do understand the tactics as to why he put Aguero on the bench, the point being we had nobody to finish the chances off that was created, so all in all it was a pretty stupid idea no ?

It wasted KDB and Aguero's talent and we then got stuffed 4-0, even when it was all working we were still getting beat 1-0, so not brilliant after all.

you talked about a manager picking players on merit, giving Yaya and Pellegrini as a reverse example of it, now your reply focuses on the tactical aspect of dropping our top scorer, that is fine but not what I was replying to originally is it ?

I asked you what Aguero had done wrong as your implied that our new tough manager picked players on merit.

Tbh I could give two stuffs what you think and it is increasingly like talking to lovesick teenagers, I like Pep well enough and think he will bring success to the team but some things can be questioned and dropping Aguero for whatever reason and leaving us toothless in attack was one such instance, his tactic could have created 50 chances but if our non strikers do not put them away and we lose or draw 0-0 then it is still pretty pointless to drop the best goal scorer at the club.

So you can take your condescending replies and shove them where the sun shines no longer.

All Those chances we created might of been because Aguero wasnt on the pitch. Personally though I would of started Aguero and played with 3 at the back but what do I know.

All Those chances we created might of been because Aguero wasnt on the pitch. Personally though I would of started Aguero and played with 3 at the back but what do I know.
Precisely. It seems this argument is pretty much unwinnable from either perspective. He didn't pick Aguero, that seemingly allowed us to stifle Barca and create some chances of our own. He didn't have Aguero on the pitch so much less likely to take those chances. Both completely valid arguments. All we know is that when the margins are fine like this, Pep seems to trust midfielders more than strikers.

Interesting to see on the Inside City this week that all the players who didn't start against Barca trained on Thursday in Barcas mini stadium. No sign of Kun though. Am I reading too much in to that? Clichy, Willy, Sane, Navas, Maffeo, Fernando, Kelechi and Gunn but no sign of Aguero (or Kompany for that matter).
Not watched it myself but unless we're only playing the 8 players you name (including 2 goalies) I wouldn't read anything in to who you can see on the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.