Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero needs to better imbibe the concepts of team work and collective endeavour, and curb his highly individualistic approach to the game, if he ever wishes to be counted among the greats.
He is the premier leagues best striker ever ahead of Henry etc,he is the best in the prem already

All of the forwards (Aguero, Iheanacho, even Sterling) need to follow in on the goal rather than stop and wait for the pull back. When Aguero made his run in the second half, Iheanacho followed him so far but then stalled- either waiting for the pull back or because he thought Aguero would never pass. Had he continued his run at full speed he may just have arrived in time to score. It's something we've been guilty of for a number of seasons, and I often wonder if it stems from the training ground.

All of the forwards (Aguero, Iheanacho, even Sterling) need to follow in on the goal rather than stop and wait for the pull back. When Aguero made his run in the second half, Iheanacho followed him so far but then stalled- either waiting for the pull back or because he thought Aguero would never pass. Had he continued his run at full speed he may just have arrived in time to score. It's something we've been guilty of for a number of seasons, and I often wonder if it stems from the training ground.
Can't blame Kelechi for not running... what's the point when he knows that 9 times out of 10, Aguero would play keepball?

Yup, and that's his issue. Suarez, Neymar, Lewandowski... Iheanacho. All forwards who can play a pass and allow for a fluent attack throughout the team.

Ihenacho.. get a grip ffs. A raw talent indeed, but not in the top bracket at all. Great finish today though.

All these idiots ready to bin Aguero, I thought he worked his bollocks off today

He wasn't always this selfish was he? He's playing in a very limited way at the moment, like a younger, better Defoe.

And he should be doing so, so much more with the players and movement around him.

I don't think he is 100%
Was watching the warm up and he was not really "trying" on the short sprints with Kolarov out pacing him regularly.
I think he is carrying an injury

Can't blame Kelechi for not running... what's the point when he knows that 9 times out of 10, Aguero would play keepball?

Sorry, but that's my point, forwards need to stop thinking about the pass and play the pitch, because that one time in ten could be your goal. You keep running in because if the keeper palms it out or misses it the ball is yours and so too the goal.

Ihenacho.. get a grip ffs. A raw talent indeed, but not in the top bracket at all. Great finish today though.

All these idiots ready to bin Aguero, I thought he worked his bollocks off today
I didn't state that Iheanacho was on their level, however, on current showing he is much better suited to our style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.