Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that his work-rate and passion is starting to align with Pep's demands, I see no reason why we'd want to get rid of him.

Yes, his finishing hasn't been up to its usual standards, but you never 'lose' it and I'm sure he'll get his cutting edge back.

Work rate issue this season. He does get easily marked and loses possession.
He has upped his work rate and is running further than he ever has before and he has always been marked,there is a reason he is the best striker in PL history and 3rd almost 2nd on our club record list

He has gotten better at team play and contributions over the last month and still scoring a goal every 100 or so minutes. So its hard to argue with the stats.

But the poor rate of conversion is also worrying. Might be a confidence thing.

The Argentina side is always built around Messi to the detriment of all other players.

Didn't watch last night but I'd imagine that as usual (similar to when we had Kinky) the team are told to give it to Messi to run with. This hasn't worked for years but why change a system that panders to one players ability rather than the team. Under performed as a country for years...

As for Kun, he's never the focal point in the team and like many Argentine players he's 'a name' but can't shine or play in the 'give it to Messi' system.

His second against West Brom?
You'd think that he'd turned into Samaras the way some on here go on about him. The fact his all round game has improved this season and he's still scoring regularly seems to have gone over many heads in their rush to get him sold so we can spunk £80m on an unknown quantity.

You'd think that he'd turned into Samaras the way some on here go on about him. The fact his all round game has improved this season and he's still scoring regularly seems to have gone over many heads in their rush to get him sold so we can spunk £80m on an unknown quantity.
He's making more effort and trying to involve other players but he seems to have lost some confidence. Pep has challenged him to improve hopefully he will come good.

Well, he did not had that previously. NOW, he's getting better at work rate and team contribution. I don't agree with being the best striker in PL history. There are other strikers as well in other teams that are better than Aguero.

My opinion. Not forcing it on you. You can wish to disagree.

I have always felt the need of a better stiker at MC. But this I have to agree with that Aguero is getting better and I am happy to see him playing like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.