Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has gotten better at team play and contributions over the last month and still scoring a goal every 100 or so minutes. So its hard to argue with the stats.

But the poor rate of conversion is also worrying. Might be a confidence thing.

Agree. Confidence comes when you're scoring on regular basis and conversion rate is high. I believe he needs two or three matches max to do it.

All the noise about him possibly leaving and his chatting to the press makes me think that he's had enough of the new regime and the intensity now expected and he's already booked his tickets....

Agree. Confidence comes when you're scoring on regular basis and conversion rate is high. I believe he needs two or three matches max to do it.

Aguero used to be absolutely ice cold, he was a one goal per chance player. His erratic finishing has cost us in the Chelsea and Spurs games this season. He's just not at the level he once was.

In the post embargo part of press conference, Guardiola is Very critical of City's finishing.

He doesn't criticise individual players but the way I interpreted it was that he will bring new players in. It is open to interpretation. I think Aguero will be going in the Summer. He doesn't say this directly, but this is the message I got from watching it.

In the post embargo part of press conference, Guardiola is Very critical of City's finishing.

He doesn't criticise individual players but the way I interpreted it was that he will bring new players in. It is open to interpretation. I think Aguero will be going in the Summer. He doesn't say this directly, but this is the message I got from watching it.

I didn't see it quite that way. I think Guardiola was making a more general point about our finishing, rather than it being criticism aimed directly at Aguero. In virtually every game we miss a lot of chances, but the attacking midfielders are just as culpable.

It still wouldn't surprise me if Aguero left in the summer, mind you, but I hope he stays.

I didn't see it quite that way. I think Guardiola was making a more general point about our finishing, rather than it being criticism aimed directly at Aguero. In virtually every game we miss a lot of chances, but the attacking midfielders are just as culpable.

It still wouldn't surprise me if Aguero left in the summer, mind you, but I hope he stays.
You could read it that way. Like you I hope stays, because for me that only happens if he has a good end to this season.

When asked to compare aguero with alexis in the first prematch conference video, Pep definitely gave me the impression that he would rather have Alexis if he had to choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.