Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal scoring is not enough. EVen though Kun has improved he is still lacking massively in terms of what Pep requires. His hold up play is subpar, he gets dispossessed every time he gets the ball with back to goal, when he does manage to turn more often than not he runs with his head down and tries to bulldoze his way through multiple players and loses the ball. The only thing Aguero had going for him was his finishing but he has misses so many chances now for an "elite" striker and takes 3-4 good goal scoring chances before he can get a goal.

He also makes poor decsions with his passing in most games.

His presence puts the team under massive amounts of pressure. the complete lack of assists and chances created is impossible to ignore

Whenever Jesus recovers I think he'll be straight in the starting XI ahead of Agüero just like in January.

I'm hoping the rumours of Sanchez bear fruit as he would fit City like a glove. Mbappe would also fit the way Pep wants his team to play.
Change your name to total verbal diarrhoea. You probably believe that it's okay that bravo doesn't have to save shots either if you think scoring goals isn't important to a cf.

One of our better players today. Worked his socks off, didn't get the support he needed from others. Just hope the injury is something minor.

Imagine how completely fucked we would be if he'd picked up an injury that put him out for a month or 2.

The only goalscorer in the team.

A few months back I questioned Aguero, but after seeing him adapt to more of what Guardiola expects of his forwards now I will be left seriously frustrated if he gets sold in the summer.

Sergio is far too good for us to even contemplate selling him and in a strange way I think it would cost us more finding a replacement than the fee we would get for selling him.

When you would watch Bayern games under Pep you would see the likes of Thiago, Vidal, Muller and one of the wingers making an effort to get into the box.

Kun is there alone whilst the rest of our attackers just stand outside the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.