Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewandowski aguero suarez higuain Ibrahimovic

Oh and bony

I apparently have a much looser definition of 'World Class' than you. In the current City squad alone I count Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta (at least in his prime), Fernandinho, Gundogan, Touré (Again, prime), Silva, De Bruyne, Nasri (Prime) and Aguero as being world class footballers. I guess it's a matter of opinion though since it can't exactly be measured.

I apparently have a much looser definition of 'World Class' than you. In the current City squad alone I count Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta (at least in his prime), Fernandinho, Gundogan, Touré (Again, prime), Silva, De Bruyne, Nasri (Prime) and Aguero as being world class footballers. I guess it's a matter of opinion though since it can't exactly be measured.

To be fair, we were talking about strikers and you both named Sergio.

Who would you say are current world class strikers?

Lewandowski aguero suarez higuain Ibrahimovic

See? You can't have 5 players who are 'world class' for 1 or 2 spaces in a world class team of 11, it just doesn't work. You want 1 Keeper, 2 Centre halves, 2 fullbacks, 2 central midfielders, 2 wide men and 2 forwards.

For me, the 2 forwards at this moment in time would have to be Messi and Suarez.

See? You can't have 5 players who are 'world class' for 1 or 2 spaces in a world class team of 11, it just doesn't work. You want 1 Keeper, 2 Centre halves, 2 fullbacks, 2 central midfielders, 2 wide men and 2 forwards.

For me, the 2 forwards at this moment in time would have to be Messi and Suarez.
I don't think it's fair to impose a limit of how many world class players there can be at any one time.

To be fair, we were talking about strikers and you both named Sergio.
True, but I'm guessing if he doesn't count Benzema or Muller, he probably doesn't count Fernandinho or Zabaleta.

Think most people see it pretty simply, he stays fit he prob gets 25/30 goals and finishes top scorer in the league

No player is top of their game every game but if he can play in the side we had last year and also miss large portions with injury but still score 20+ goals we are being greedy if we want more
Top 5 in world without a doubt, Muller & Higauin don't come close for me.
Messi & Suarez ok but I'd say he's on a par with Ronaldo now more to do with I feel Ronaldo slipped a level

What if the world class manager - assuming there's only one - wanted to play a different formation?
Of course, that is where the whole thing falls down, you might have a time where there are lots of very very good strikers, but playing 5 up front would be suicide (unless Pep does it!) - either way, I still feel Sergio is just a step below the World Class bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.