Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
kev hasn't had a car accident and a broken rib
2 humans are not the same
Oh yeah because it wasn't like this last season. Or even before the crash (I wonder what this thread looked like after the Everton and Liverpool home games at the start of the season - very different I suspect)

What's your problem? Why are you seeing this as criticism? Why do you ignore the part where I say he's BETTER THAN KDB at his best (who else has said that?) and focus on the bit where I say he's essentially erratic? Because he is.

How many times, this season and last have you had to come on here and defend him two minutes after a game has finished because people are calling for his head? Only for the entire forum to unite in praise the next week after a good game? And then back to criticism again etc?

The question effectively was why is Aguero underrated. Not why is Aguero rubbish. Not why we need to get rid of Aguero. Just why some people might UNDERRATE him. And I'm telling you why, it's because he has and always has been since the Pellegrini days an inconsistent player. A player who goes from brilliance to average and back again more than anyone. I say people underrate him because they hold him to the highest standards and he often doesn't hit them. I'm not saying it's HIS fault, but it happens.

I'm not having a go at him, despite what you think. I'm just trying to suggest why he's underrated beyond lazily suggesting 'rag media'.

Oh and I know inconsistency is human. But judging by people's reactions in these player threads we have a lot of players who are very inhuman.

So why do you think he's underrated then?

He is 3 goals shy of 200 goals in all competitions in the space of 7 seasons that is a unreal strike rate. Whenever he goes we will have a huge problem on our hands at trying to replace him and his goals he has scored for us regularly in the team. Most seasons getting high 20 goals to 30 goals a season in all competitions not many strikers around has that record and to have it regularly in English football is some going. IF Aguero was with Barca or Madrid he would be scoring a shit load of goals in La Liga. I honest hope and feel he will see out his contract. We will use that time to get his long term replacement. IF Jesus is that great but Jesus needs competition as he seems to be a bit injury prone since his move to us. We need a top class forward to replace Kun but we could be talking huge numbers to get 1 in.

I have never ultimately thought that we should sell Sergio, but I did think if the club got a very good offer for him that we should accept it. I now genuinely think we should keep him until the end of his contract. It's going to be very hard to replace him with anyone who can score as many goals as he does for us and if I'm being completely honest I just fucking love him to death.

I have never ultimately thought that we should sell Sergio, but I did think if the club got a very good offer for him that we should accept it. I now genuinely think we should keep him until the end of his contract. It's going to be very hard to replace him with anyone who can score as many goals as he does for us and if I'm being completely honest I just fucking love him to death.

Well,glad to see and read that,now just about another 50 or so on here to come to the same conclusion,not holding my breath though

I don’t think Sergio suits Peps style, I’m still sticking to that. I can’t see any striker out there available at the minute that could replace his goals though, so that’s why I think he will stay this summer. Jesus is tailor made for Pep, that’s why he’s favoured in the big games. I’ll be more than happy if we went into next season with Sergio and Jesus as our strikers, we just need Jesus to stay fit.

I don’t think Sergio suits Peps style, I’m still sticking to that. I can’t see any striker out there available at the minute that could replace his goals though, so that’s why I think he will stay this summer. Jesus is tailor made for Pep, that’s why he’s favoured in the big games. I’ll be more than happy if we went into next season with Sergio and Jesus as our strikers, we just need Jesus to stay fit.
It's a double edged sword really. Aguero on his day is better than anyone in this league but he's not quite the kind of player for what we're working towards. It's like Ibrahimovic at Barcelona (or anywhere tbf). The only difference is that Aguero's been here years, done amazing things for us and isn't a prick so it makes the discussion more difficult. He'd benefit more than anyone from Mendy being fit, as he's the only source of consistently good supply unless KDB is out wide.

Can someone please point me to these 'big games', other than the derby, that Jesus was preferred in?
This is a good point and the other side of the story. Whilst it's clear Jesus fits better, and has it in him to essentially be a WC version of Firmino, he's still only a 20 year old kid with limited experience in senior football, English football, and playing centrally up top on his own. And in terms of self-sufficiency he's leagues behind Aguero at this period in time (Only a problem when we play with the B-Team mind). It should be clear why Aguero's been favoured more. At the end of the day he's the established striker and his goals can't be ignored.

The feather in Jesus's cap however isn't the United game. It's the Chelsea one. Not that Aguero was available, for extremely unfortunate reasons, but this was the game that really showed off Jesus's value. In an incredibly tight game, every little thing we did had an impact and not only did he lead the line well, he played a key part in the goal too.

We'd be naive to let Aguero go, unless he kicks up a fuss that is. We've seen through Sané and Sterling how much further Jesus has to go in terms of development, considering he's a year or two behind them. Jesus should be good and ready to be relied upon as the main man around the time Aguero's contract expires, and in my opinion that's the timeframe we ought to be working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.