Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair's fair, Sanchez is a bloody good player. It's just that we appear to have no need for him whatsoever. I'll admit I really wanted him (I'm greedy like that), but I find myself more and more relieved that we didn't get him, and I sincerely hope we don't go back in for him in January, now. I'm haunted by memories of Rodney Marsh being brought in and spoiling what was a beautiful balance. Make no mistake, that is one very happy squad, enjoying their football like kids. You could see it on their faces at the end.
Anyway, all a bit off topic.

So he won't play midweek, and then smash the record at home next weekend against a team who can't buy a goal...or typical city, we struggle against them?!

I'm sure people said he was finished and should have been sold/replaced in the summer.

Fair's fair, Sanchez is a bloody good player. It's just that we appear to have no need for him whatsoever. I'll admit I really wanted him (I'm greedy like that), but I find myself more and more relieved that we didn't get him, and I sincerely hope we don't go back in for him in January, now. I'm haunted by memories of Rodney Marsh being brought in and spoiling what was a beautiful balance. Make no mistake, that is one very happy squad, enjoying their football like kids. You could see it on their faces at the end.
Anyway, all a bit off topic.

Marsh blames himself but it was Malcolm's fault for playing him; we should still have bought him but introduced him more gradually with a view to him being a key player the following season.

Sanchez could have played yesterday in Raz's place, for instance (and that's not a dig at Sterling whose performance yesterday I have defended elsewhere). We only have two strikers in Sergio and Jesus; if one gets injured, suspended or has a poor patch, we ideally need more top quality alternatives. Also, Sergio's current form and application may be in part be driven by him responding to the competition provided by Jesus.

Well i wasnt impressed at first when pep was leaving sergio out the team, we all know what pep demands,and now we have a more complete player,striker and goal scorer.
none of us can now question peps management,his way or the highway,players have to adapt to his philosophy,thats why he prefers talented younger players with exellent technique to work with,players with open minds.Zlatans ego and ethos,just wasnt peps cup of tea,the rest is history.
sergio is such a talent,we deserve him and he deserves us,were on the cusp of something special and he will make history soon,and desevedly so,man love . Ctid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.