Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not watching properly? Haha! Fuck off.
Every team needs an out and out goal scorer and wherever you like it or not we've got one of the best in the business.
The misses mean fuck all if after 90 minutes you're the match winner. In fact, I'd say his overall game has shown a marked improvement over the last 6 months and is likely to continue to do so under the guidance of Pep.
If he was so 'clinical' as you say, Pep wouldn't moaning on and on about us scoring goals. If he was so 'clinical' as you say, there would be none of this Mbapchez bollocks, simple as that.

Not really because he hasn't deserved it or not really because the nobheads who decide these things don't know their arses from their elbows?
Definitely the latter. Same with Merlin. Out-and-out pulled the strings for us last season (and the season before), yet not a sniff. In fact the only City player in last years team of the season was Kyle Walker, and only because he didn't play for us at the time.

If he was so 'clinical' as you say, Pep wouldn't moaning on and on about us scoring goals. If he was so 'clinical' as you say, there would be none of this Mbapchez bollocks, simple as that.
Pep was passed off about plenty of players missing chances, not just Sergio. There's talk of MBappe because he's going to be one of the best in the business and we are in the market for those types of players.
What can I say, I rate Aguero more than others, he's earned that from me.

Pep was passed off about plenty of players missing chances, not just Sergio. There's talk of MBappe because he's going to be one of the best in the business and we are in the market for those types of players.
What can I say, I rate Aguero more than others, he's earned that from me.
Aguero is our main goalgetter, if Pep says we're not scoring enough, it's his responsibility. If Pep says we're not creating enough chances, it's Silva's and Kev's responsibility. Even if the whole team is failing, it is definitely somebody's responsibility. But Pep always say we created a lot and a lot of chances but not ruthless in the box. Raheem missed quite a few but that's not his main job. Kev missed a few but that's not his main job.

Aguero is our main goalgetter, if Pep says we're not scoring enough, it's his responsibility. If Pep says we're not creating enough chances, it's Silva's and Kev's responsibility. Even if the whole team is failing, it is definitely somebody's responsibility. But Pep always say we created a lot and a lot of chances but not ruthless in the box. Raheem missed quite a few but that's not his main job. Kev missed a few but that's not his main job.
Well that's a big load of bollocks so I think I'll bow out now.
Everybody else gets a free pass because it's not their job? Nah.

Well that's a big load of bollocks so I think I'll bow out now.
Everybody else gets a free pass because it's not their job? Nah.
It’s not free pass, it’s just logic. You’d never hear Pep say, ‘We’re conceding too many goals, so let’s buy a Striker to fix that’.

Scored some belters (forgot how much he likes scoring against the rags) , unbelievable hes never made the premiership team of the year

It's scandalous, isn't it?

How the best - by a long way - goal scorer the Premier League has seen is continually ignored is beyond me.

Good job by Sergio today - he put in a ton of effort pressing. Which is huge for Pep's game.

The biggest difference between this year's squad and last years, is that this squad can high press for the full 90. Last year, we pressed initially and then tired out, at which point we lost domination of possession and thus struggled. This year, we are going to control the ball against all PL opposition and we are going to win the title because the other side just doesn't have enough of the ball - Pep's tactics are going to pay off big time.
=======
Edit - I think it's worth pointing out that our initial break though in yesterday's game against a packed defense came due to our counter-press - and, moreover it came in the 2nd half. KDB pinched the ball, passed it to Silva who then tee-ed up Aguero. I think that this goal epitomizes what Pep stands for, and highlights how much better out squad is this year to implement Pep's style of play.

Frank and Slippy G. were very complimentary about our pressing game on Saturday. They said that as soon as we lost the ball, we were fighting to regain possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.