Sergio Busquets

It would likely be more...

------------ Busquets ------------
-- Gundogan --- Fernandinho -
De Bruyne ----------------- Silva
------------- Aguero -------------

With the front three playing very dynamically, interchanging positions as needed, while Gundogan and Fernandinho alternate late supporting runs and Busquets rarely moves past the middle-third but is always available for the "reset" pass. Sterling can replace Silva if pace and directness is needed and Busquets can be dropped for Nasri further forward against lesser opposition or if we are chasing it.

I think it would actually make us very solid, with a lot of creativity and energy, depending if we can get in the right fullbacks to complement our fluid forward system.

My dream summer transfer window would actually be Busquets, Gundogan (healthy), Griezmann, Fabinho, Wendell, and Oliver Torres.

But we will probably only get one of those.
Well that will be a great haul. Personally don't like the idea of Busquet. Not because he is not great, but I hate when coaches take a player from an old team to try to recreate what they achieved together.

I'd rather new players to work with and create something new. Same reason I'm not so big on getting Thiago either. If it's a bit role player who the manager thinks his ready to explode (I.E what Thiago was when he moved to Bayern, then great.

But established superstars from your old squad seems like going back to me.
I'll take your Fabihno,, Gundogan and Griezmann then add Pogba, Hector, and Laporte.

I think that should cover every position nicely.

Well that will be a great haul. Personally don't like the idea of Busquet. Not because he is not great, but I hate when coaches take a player from an old team to try to recreate what they achieved together.

I'd rather new players to work with and create something new. Same reason I'm not so big on getting Thiago either. If it's a bit role player who the manager thinks his ready to explode (I.E what Thiago was when he moved to Bayern, then great.

But established superstars from your old squad seems like going back to me.
I'll take your Fabihno,, Gundogan and Griezmann then add Pogba, Hector, and Laporte.

I think that should cover every position nicely.
Fair enough. I would usually agree but I see Busquets as an exception to the "recreate the magic" strategy that is often problematic. He would give us something we have not had since Barry, only even better than Gazza's cotribution, as he also has the ability to play accurate long balls to break opposition high lines (imagine him spraying it to Sterling or Griezmann with Aguero lurking in the box and KDB barrelling in). And Guardiola and Busquets have a genuine understanding, which will help with transition and consistency from the off.

I like your Hector and Pogba... But I am still not convinced Laporte is going to be the revelation people seem to expect. I worry about him being bullied in the Premier League as he is rarely tested physically in the same way in La Liga (a la Savic, though Laporte may be more talented). If we get him I will of course back him to the hilt but it is just not a potential signing I am excited about.

Fair enough. I would usually agree but I see Busquets as an exception to the "recreate the magic" strategy that is often problematic. He would give us something we have not had since Barry, only even better than Gazza's cotribution, as he also has the ability to play accurate long balls to break opposition high lines (imagine him spraying it to Sterling or Griezmann with Aguero lurking in the box and KDB barrelling in). And Guardiola and Busquets have a genuine understanding, which will help with transition and consistency from the off.

I like your Hector and Pogba... But I am still not convinced Laporte is going to be the revelation people seem to expect. I worry about him being bullied in the Premier League as he is rarely tested physically in the same way in La Liga (a la Savic, though Laporte may be more talented). If we get him I will of course back him to the hilt but it is just not a potential signing I am excited about.
You could make that Stones then. For me it's about having a legitimate ball playing CB coming in. I know Stones has a bad rep on bluemoon, but either Stones or Laporte, and preferably both (I'm greedy) will work for me.

As per Laporte, I worry more about his fouls than him getting bullied. He is quite tough. So I think he'll be okay.

SS for Busquet, my sense is that Gundogan can do pretty much what he does. And my guess is that Gundogan will be the base of the middle 3. Hopefully, the other 2 are Pogba and DeBryune or Pogba and Silva or Pogba and Dihno. And when Pogba is out, Dihno and Silva or Dihno and DeBryune.

My midfield 6 looks like this:
Gundogan/Nando
Pogba/Dihno
DeBryune/Silva

With Nando an emergency close out the game or a part of the Bully team (Nando, Dihno, Pogba)

Wings
Griezmann/DeBryune
Sterling/Zichencho or Celina

Sadly, I reckon the Griezmann name is probably Sane. So we have to hope he makes that potential jump to super consistent Star. Ditto for Sterling.

Attack
Aguero/Kelechi

That's my vision

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.