Sergio Ramos

bitsmith

Refused to sign new deal with Real Madrid. Now that would be great signing to make. Him and fit Kompany wouldn't be bullied by anyone.

Good player but has a rash streak, i also think we are ok in defense.
I say ok but really it is Kompany's hammy that is seeing us slip defensively. Get that sorted properly and we should be fine in defense.

Ramos will not be cheap either in case we have to keep an eye on ffp. I think Mangala was our big defensive purchase for the foreseeable future.

Actually I think he would be fantastic for our more physical games. He really pushes ahead and creates chances when no one else does.

Plus he's the king of headers right now, saved Real's ass plenty of times.

Of course downside is that he's also the yellow-card king. Him and Mangala together would crush a lot of heads.

A few weeks ago after the Copa match against Atletico he was quoted as saying this:

Ramos, apparently unaware of the bad refereeing calls made in the Premier League in recent weeks, said: "I'm not going to talk about controversial issues and certainly not that incident.

"The only thing I will say is that with every passing day I prefer the English Premier League.

For me, him and Kompany are the two best central defenders in the game.

I know some will mention Godin etc.. But for me they play in such protected systems, a bit like Terry and Cahill at Chelsea.

The amount if times Kompany and Ramos have to deal with one on one situations is far more than the likes of Godin and Terry etc.. And that's why individually I rank them higher.

Ramos and Kompany would be the best defensive partnership in world football for me.

Any of Real's centre-backs (Pepe, Ramos, Varane) would improve us. Top quality defenders playing for the best team in Europe. Real don't even use holding midfielders most of the time so these guys have to be on alert for counter attacks. Ramos is a good goal threat too. BTW if we did get Ramos (my guess is he'll eventually renew) we could sell Sagna because he's really good at right-back too.

Fuck! if he said that then he is coming here, no questions.
But to who?

Anyone but the rags, don't want them to get supper never mind a top defender.

I will even hide behind the coat tails of blues who want us to sign everyone on this occasion.
Fuck it! buy him and lend him to err...fuck i have not thought this through very well have i.

LoveCity said:
Any of Real's centre-backs (Pepe, Ramos, Varane) would improve us. Top quality defenders playing for the best team in Europe. Real don't even use holding midfielders most of the time so these guys have to be on alert for counter attacks. Ramos is a good goal threat too. BTW if we did get Ramos (my guess is he'll eventually renew) we could sell Sagna because he's really good at right-back too.

Some would argue he is abetter right back than a central defender.

I think he is top notch and a player we have been linked with for a number if transfer windows, I reckon Txiki would be straight in there if he was to become available.

With his age and contract status, £20m??

That would be great value if you ask me.

Ray78 said:
Ramos wage demands maybe too much for us.

Truth be told if wages are an issue, I wouldn't mind selling Jimmy, Sagna and Jov if this meant we could get Ramos and a world class winger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.