Settle an argument - Is Hughes doing a crap job or not?

ManCityX said:
I'lll decide how good or bad he did at the end of the season.

Players like Zab, Kompany, SWP and Robinho all get bummed to death on here and they were all brought to the club during Hughes' time here. I also expect Bridge to join that list and become a fan favourite. The players who get the most shit on here were brought here by former managers, which says it all.

The problem with our fans is that they don't really think rationally; they're certainly not the sharpest knives in the drawer that's for sure. Even if Jose was our boss people would be abusing him if we didn't win a game, some would even want him out after 6 months if we hadn't won most of our games. I know this because Robinho is one of the best players the club has ever had and yet I've heard people calling him 'fucking shit' when thing don't come off for him. Do you think Liverpool fans say that sort of thing about Gerrard or Torres when things don't come off for them or do they get behind them? I think maybe the media have put this image in our minds that the top players are perfect when that just isn't the case...Robinho is a top player and it doesn't get much better unless you sign Messi or Kaka, who many of our fans would be surprised to know have a quiet or poor game now and then. If we ever sign them I certainly hope they bring their earplugs.

The problem is that we have had so many bad times over the years and so many crap players that the fans are now used to booing and berating our own club on a constant basis. The abuse we give ourselves on here is WORSE than what I read in the Daily Mirror.

Constant change does nothing but harm for the long term future of the club and Moyes at Everton is proof of this. They had two really bad seasons not so long ago but look at them now. He's established his mark on the whole squad and they realise he's the bossman because he's been there so long.

You cheeky bastard. Who the fuck do you think you are?

So, you're the one shining exception to a otherwise universally irrational group of dimwitted fans are you??? The one who will pass final judgement at the end of the season, to which we all should listen.

Fuck you.

I'll tell you for an absolute fact that I have read more informed, intelligent and incisive debate on here than you'd get from listening to 10 years worth of so callled football experts, you included pal. In fact judging by most of the shit you post on here, you could well be an ex Sun journalist with a learning difficulty.

Your own 'points', if that's what they can be called, are just a tired rehash of what many posters on here have said already. Funny that seeeing as though they are all 'dimwits' not nearly as sharp as you seem to think you are.

I've never read such an arrogant load of bollocks in one post before.

Tosser.

mammutly said:
ManCityX said:
I'lll decide how good or bad he did at the end of the season.

Players like Zab, Kompany, SWP and Robinho all get bummed to death on here and they were all brought to the club during Hughes' time here. I also expect Bridge to join that list and become a fan favourite. The players who get the most shit on here were brought here by former managers, which says it all.

The problem with our fans is that they don't really think rationally; they're certainly not the sharpest knives in the drawer that's for sure. Even if Jose was our boss people would be abusing him if we didn't win a game, some would even want him out after 6 months if we hadn't won most of our games. I know this because Robinho is one of the best players the club has ever had and yet I've heard people calling him 'fucking shit' when thing don't come off for him. Do you think Liverpool fans say that sort of thing about Gerrard or Torres when things don't come off for them or do they get behind them? I think maybe the media have put this image in our minds that the top players are perfect when that just isn't the case...Robinho is a top player and it doesn't get much better unless you sign Messi or Kaka, who many of our fans would be surprised to know have a quiet or poor game now and then. If we ever sign them I certainly hope they bring their earplugs.

The problem is that we have had so many bad times over the years and so many crap players that the fans are now used to booing and berating our own club on a constant basis. The abuse we give ourselves on here is WORSE than what I read in the Daily Mirror.

Constant change does nothing but harm for the long term future of the club and Moyes at Everton is proof of this. They had two really bad seasons not so long ago but look at them now. He's established his mark on the whole squad and they realise he's the bossman because he's been there so long.

You cheeky bastard. Who the fuck do you think you are?

So, you're the one shining exception to a otherwise universally irrational group of dimwitted fans are you??? The one who will pass final judgement at the end of the season, to which we all should listen.

Fuck you.

I'll tell you for an absolute fact that I have read more informed, intelligent and incisive debate on here than you'd get from listening to 10 years worth of so callled football experts, you included pal. In fact judging by most of the shit you post on here, you could well be an ex Sun journalist with a learning difficulty.

Your own 'points', if that's what they can be called, are just a tired rehash of what many posters on here have said already. Funny that seeeing as though they are all 'dimwits' not nearly as sharp as you seem to think you are.

I've never read such an arrogant load of bollocks in one post before.

Tosser.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hughes Out! etc

I didn't rate Mark Hughes for his tactics when he was at Blackburn, but when he took over at City I was pleased.
Thought he was the best we could attract.
You could say, the money has gone to my head, so I will sit on the fence and leave it up to the owners.
Rodney Marsh did say he would be gone by mid Feb.
So lets hope he can turn it around.

Blue Mooner said:
Exactly ManCityx and the point i have been 'trying' to get across to some of the never happy brigade is that support and positivity could take us so much further, but all these people seem to want to find is fault and problems but very rarely do those in this camp provide a cogent well thought through solution.

I have read many many topcis on here telling us why Hughes is Sh*t but none on this is the right replacement for Hughes and this is why he would be better than Hughes. They can't because it leaves them open to scrutiny and would blow their argument for sacking Hughees out of the water.

The fact is there are very few world class managers, even fewer who are out of work and even fewer who are in work who would choose to leave their current club to manage us.

Why not then do what we have done and appoint one of the best up and coming managers who has done a great job on limited resources and someone who still has ambition to be the best.

You're simply lying. Mourinho, Mancini, Zico, van Gaal, Hiddink, Rijkaard, Cruyff have all been discussed by various posters, and their strengths and weaknesses spoken about. Rather than have a look at the "even fewer" world class managers "who are out of work" you'd prefer to keep some bloke whose claim to fame is managing Blackburn for three seasons. Basically, all you have is HOPE, that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

If Rijkaard or anyone else was our manager I'd expect you to move for his ouster so we could get Hughes, right?

Brucie Bonus said:
Blue Mooner said:
Exactly ManCityx and the point i have been 'trying' to get across to some of the never happy brigade is that support and positivity could take us so much further, but all these people seem to want to find is fault and problems but very rarely do those in this camp provide a cogent well thought through solution.

I have read many many topcis on here telling us why Hughes is Sh*t but none on this is the right replacement for Hughes and this is why he would be better than Hughes. They can't because it leaves them open to scrutiny and would blow their argument for sacking Hughees out of the water.

The fact is there are very few world class managers, even fewer who are out of work and even fewer who are in work who would choose to leave their current club to manage us.

Why not then do what we have done and appoint one of the best up and coming managers who has done a great job on limited resources and someone who still has ambition to be the best.

You're simply lying. Mourinho, Mancini, Zico, van Gaal, Hiddink, Rijkaard, Cruyff have all been discussed by various posters, and their strengths and weaknesses spoken about. Rather than have a look at the "even fewer" world class managers "who are out of work" you'd prefer to keep some bloke whose claim to fame is managing Blackburn for three seasons. Basically, all you have is HOPE, that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

If Rijkaard or anyone else was our manager I'd expect you to move for his ouster so we could get Hughes, right?

Well I've obviously missed them then, because I haven't read any such posts, I don't profess to read everything on here.

Ok so you have given me a list of names, I would be interested to hear your case on any one of the names listed above and why they would be better than who we have got. For what it's worth I will give you my view:

Mourinho - Anybody would be stupid to turn this guy down - however, he's not available until 2011
Mancini - Can't apeak English very well - precludes him from the job imo - Couldn't be doing with a Juande Ramos situation.
Zico - not available - managing in Russia and unproven at European club level which would make him a risk.
Van Gaal - The guy is 57 hardly a long term solution who knows when he will want to retire
Hiddink - 62 again the guy is too old imo, has been out of club management since 2006
Cruyff - Great record at Barca but he too is over 60 and has not managed for 2 years - does he want to get back into it ?
Rijkaard - The best 'other' option did ok for the Netherlands got sacked at Sparta Rotterdam for taking them down for the first time in their history. Did well at Barcelona but then you would have to be pretty Sh*t not to do well there knowing that money breeds success in football.

So some great names and great managers but the only one I would take like a shot would be Mourinho but he is clearly not available so where would that leave us once you have sacked Hughes - in the sh*t in my opinion.

Blue Mooner said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Well I've obviously missed them then, because I haven't read any such posts, I don't profess to read everything on here.

Ok so you have given me a list of names, I would be interested to hear your case on any one of the names listed above and why they would be better than who we have got. For what it's worth I will give you my view:

Mourinho - Anybody would be stupid to turn this guy down - however, he's not available until 2011
Mancini - Can't apeak English very well - precludes him from the job imo - Couldn't be doing with a Juande Ramos situation.
Zico - not available - managing in Russia and unproven at European club level which would make him a risk.
Van Gaal - The guy is 57 hardly a long term solution who knows when he will want to retire
Hiddink - 62 again the guy is too old imo, has been out of club management since 2006
Cruyff - Great record at Barca but he too is over 60 and has not managed for 2 years - does he want to get back into it ?
Rijkaard - The best 'other' option did ok for the Netherlands got sacked at Sparta Rotterdam for taking them down for the first time in their history. Did well at Barcelona but then you would have to be pretty Sh*t not to do well there knowing that money breeds success in football.
So some great names and great managers but the only one I would take like a shot would be Mourinho but he is clearly not available so where would that leave us once you have sacked Hughes - in the sh*t in my opinion.

Don't need to say anymore really

mammutly said:
Blue Mooner said:

Don't need to say anymore really

You sure don't. We've only been on the market for 12 days with a huge wallet in our pocket.

Yes,no doubt he's done a crap job so far but we need to be patient and hope he turns it around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.