Sgt Alexander Blackman

I pointed this out on my post responding to your original post?

You didn't know the facts and called posters fucking disgusting.

Firstly, I have no idea why you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I had zero empathy for the guy despite explicitly stating I wasn't passing judgement on the case itself.

Secondly, I stated that their comments were disgusting, not the people themselves. I stand by what I said given the clumsy mental gymnastics being carried out to attempt to justify and even glorify an instance of murder manslaughter which has only been deemed excusable by means of diagnosis of a serious mental health issue.

The actions of Blackman have been equated to "shooting a paedophile who you have caught fucking your child." If you think that's a reasonable comment then please crack on.

Firstly, I have no idea why you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I had zero empathy for the guy despite explicitly stating I wasn't passing judgement on the case itself.

Secondly, I stated that their comments were disgusting, not the people themselves. I stand by what I said given the clumsy mental gymnastics being carried out to attempt to justify and even glorify an instance of murder manslaughter which has only been deemed excusable by means of diagnosis of a serious mental health issue.

The actions of Blackman have been equated to "shooting a paedophile who you have caught fucking your child." If you think that's a reasonable comment then please crack on.

Where did I state you had no empathy? I said the posters on here did.

I know what you stated, that's why I highlighted your admission that you didn't know the facts.

Blackman shot a man who was a terrorist and a murderer of innocent people. The man he shot had also been involved in the brutal killings of many of his friends and colleagues using underhand tactics. Blackman was in a particularly terrible position, in a terrible war and with mental health issues.

I don't think this constitutes murder, given the circumstances and without little information you claimed its why you don't venture into this forum often.

Well said, there are far too many who think playing C.O.D. on the x-box qualifies them to judge a bloke who gets shot at for real, nobody says he didn`t do wrong, but the circumstances are a huge mitigation.

No they are not, he should never have done it, no excuse for it, especially as an NCO. We are supposed to be above this sort of thing in these conflicts

Last edited by a moderator:
Something that often crosses my mind when this case pops up - did the 'supergrass' not breach the official secrets act?

No they are not, he should never have done it, no excuse for it, especially as an NCO. We are supposed to be above this sort of thing in these conflicts

We are above that sort of thing, but its we sat here judging in safety, it looks a lot different when its just a you that has been told the enemy is bad, your fighting for good, go and kill the f*ckers, thats all they are, f*ckers trying to kill you.

We are above that sort of thing, but its we sat here judging in safety, it looks a lot different when its just a you that has been told the enemy is bad, your fighting for good, go and kill the f*ckers, thats all they are, f*ckers trying to kill you.
I understand that better than you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.