Sgt Alexander Blackman

How is he a hero? He disgraced the marines and put his fellow soldiers lives at risk. If the enemy think you are going to kill them instead of taking prisoners what do you think they will do?
They can use shit like that as propaganda to fuel more attacks on soldiers also
The trouble is the fight against the taliban is an unequal fight if we stick to the laws.
What do you think the taliban do to British soldiers if they capture them.

That's the problem they know we are that soft we will probably bring them over here and give them a free council house

How is he a hero? He disgraced the marines and put his fellow soldiers lives at risk. If the enemy think you are going to kill them instead of taking prisoners what do you think they will do?
They can use shit like that as propaganda to fuel more attacks on soldiers also

This kind of common sense will unfortunately not prevail. Hero my arse.

How is he a hero? He disgraced the marines and put his fellow soldiers lives at risk.

Try suggesting to a marine past or present that he disgraced the regiment, apart from the very real risk of you getting a smack in the mouth you will in all probability get put very straight as to the reality of serving in a combat situation by the people who know, rather than some c*nt who wants to draw up "Rules" from the safety the armed forces provide.

I doubt there is a single person on here that has not made a bad decision when under some kind of pressure, never mind a life threatening situation where you are expected to go from kill mode to civilized human in an instance.

What do you make of the Geneva Convention? Is it a load of nonsense then given the vast array of circumstances soldiers may face in war? Some nice words written without considering the environment people may find themselves in?
One of the main ideals of the Geneva Convention was to make it reciprocally beneficial for both (or all) sides to to show restraint during the theatre of war. Note the term 'reciprocally'. The problem here is that many of our modern enemies do not subscribe to the convention, therefore it seems fair to question how the Geneva Convention benefits us, especially when our enemies are not playing by the same rules.

Morality and war rarely sit well together, therefore it seems perfectly correct to judge the breaking of combat law on an individual basis, rather than quickly jumping to the conclusion that 'he broke the law and therefore should be punished'. I suspect few countries would sign up to the Geneva Convention if it were offered to them today as it has become less effective with modern war tactics involving the use of human shields, attacking hospitals, attacking civilians etc.

Try suggesting to a marine past or present that he disgraced the regiment, apart from the very real risk of you getting a smack in the mouth you will in all probability get put very straight as to the reality of serving in a combat situation by the people who know, rather than some c*nt who wants to draw up "Rules" from the safety the armed forces provide.

I doubt there is a single person on here that has not made a bad decision when under some kind of pressure, never mind a life threatening situation where you are expected to go from kill mode to civilized human in an instance.

My missus' dad is an ex marine and his view is the same as mine. Next.

This kind of common sense will unfortunately not prevail. Hero my arse.

Why did you go quiet last night?

For a man who admittedly knew very little about it you're very opinionated.

He did make a mistake, I'm not going to argue with that, but given the circumstances it wasn't murder.

he should of taken out a few more whilst he was at it, we are talking about an enemy that thinks its ok to cut the heads off normal people, throw people off buildings drown people, burn people alive , there's too much "oh its against the rules", fuck them .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.