Sgt Alexander Blackman

Iam an ex bootneck and i don't think he has brought the RM name down.
He broke the rules, of that there can be no argument, but not one person on here should be judging this man. Nobody on here me included can understand what this young man was going through at this time. He was a troop Sgt, therefore second in command of circa 30 men, albeit the young troop commanders they send from the box are constantly turning to the troop Sgt for guidance, so this pretty much puts him in command. He had seen numerous numbers of his unit KIA. He was in the middle of a battle at the time constantly not knowing what was round the next corner or hiding behind the next bun line.
Would i have wasted my medical supplies on the enemy? Definitely not. Would i have shot him? I don't know, and neither do any of you.
This kind of thing has been going on since the beginning of time. The only difference in battle between Afghan and the Falklands conflict is that soldiers now have helmet cameras and laptops, and that is a fact.

He broke the rules, of that there can be no argument, but not one person on here should be judging this man. Nobody on here me included can understand what this young man was going through at this time. He was a troop Sgt, therefore second in command of circa 30 men, albeit the young troop commanders they send from the box are constantly turning to the troop Sgt for guidance, so this pretty much puts him in command. He had seen numerous numbers of his unit KIA. He was in the middle of a battle at the time constantly not knowing what was round the next corner or hiding behind the next bun line.
Would i have wasted my medical supplies on the enemy? Definitely not. Would i have shot him? I don't know, and neither do any of you.
This kind of thing has been going on since the beginning of time. The only difference in battle between Afghan and the Falklands conflict is that soldiers now have helmet cameras and laptops, and that is a fact.

Stop talking sense, the lefties on here we start calling you disgusting.

Broke what rules?

Removing a threat?

Can tell your the type who dont' appreciate our armed services.

Oh and for the record he didn't film it. Was on a fellow soldiers camera on helmet.

For the record fella I did 22 years for Liz, Gulf Medal 1st time round and GSM for 2 active tours of Iraq.... Guard Commander for the first democratic elections in Iraq (Basra Air Base) after Saddam.. the day the Hercules got shot down... I think that gives me the right to say what I feel is right or wrong in this case so maybe don't be too quick to judge people.

Blackman broke the rules of the Geneva Convention whether outdated or not... simple....As a SNCO he would have lived and breathed rules. As mentioned only he will ever know if it was combat stress induced....

Last edited:
He should have just put another bullet in him once they'd been hit by the apache, that or walk past the **** and leave him to die there and then, no way should they be expected to try and save the **** by bringing medics out in to the field for a scumbag who's sole intention is to kill them in the first place.

If he'd took either option we wouldn't be having this conversation.
There would be zero debate if he'd deleted the evidence......

Yes it dangerous yes it may have been a ruse but you still don't shoot him.
Good, so just leave him to suffer and die then, I've no problem with that, that was the alternative.
Unfortunately, he took the wrong decision, but the outcome would have been exactly the same.

Have a read of my reply above

I have.

The post I made in which you've just quoted was me saying people who don't appreciate the armed forces are twats.

I agree with your other post where tky said if he'd have deleted the evidence then there would be no debate, I'm sure that's what he regrets more than anything.

And there we have it. Nobody in this situation would offer medical treatment, the situation just
wouldn't allow it, and no one who has seen the atrocities this evil group perpetrate would be keen on doing
so, the only alternative was to leave him to die.
Would Sgt Blackman be just as big a **** for just walking past him? How many Geneva convention experts on here
would be happy if this had happened?

For the record fella I did 22 years for Liz, Gulf Medal 1st time round and GSM for 2 active tours of Iraq.... Guard Commander for the first democratic elections in Iraq (Basra Air Base) after Saddam.. the day the Hercules got shot down... I think that gives me the right to say what I feel is right or wrong in this case so maybe don't be too quick to judge people.

Blackman broke the rules of the Geneva Convention whether outdated or not... simple....As a SNCO he would have lived and breathed rules. As mentioned only he will ever know if it was combat stress induced....

Respect for your service to our Military fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.