Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by MCFC1993, 6 Dec 2017 at 9:39 PM.

1. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Passive? I thought he might lay one on the ref last night after some of his great tackles which the ref laughingly called fouls. He was mightily inflamed with one of them.

2. blue by birth

blue by birth

Yeah I said that earlier..mind you it was raggie Robson who gave the marks.
    He hates City with a passion... typical rag twat...no idea about football

3. ZanteWeatherman

ZanteWeatherman

Agreed. Thought the ref was not the best. Gave some ridiculously petty 'fouls' especially early doors against Gundogan. We may have bossed the possession but most of it was in our half harking back to last year, side to side stuff.
    Diaz was terrific in his cameo appearance, but I suspect Yaya and Mangala will be gone at the end of the season. Danilo had a stinker and I can't see what he will bring to this team no matter where he plays, needs to go imo as he is certainly not good enough.
    Let's see Pep get them right up for it to rip the rags a new one on Sunday......

4. christen at St Marks

christen at St Marks

Not interested, don't give a fuck, he has not impressed since Monaco games for me, hope your right as his name sake was slow off the mark and he turned out more than OK. just my opinion and don't give a fuck about yours

5. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

I do agree they were happy to let us have the possession but we did have shots on their goal and we did miss the goalpost defined area with the majority of those shots.
    The players decided a shot was on and missed the target altogether except for 2 occasions is my point which includes our pen goal.

6. christen at St Marks

christen at St Marks

Agree about Gundy mate, I really hope he gets through, as he was looking good before his knee.

7. FCBarca

FCBarca

Yaya is definitely done and both Mangala & Danilo were easily exposed - the latter, still hard to understand the purchase even as a backup/utility player but it's precisely because of his versatility to play in more than one position (None of them great) that he was likely bought

Foden, is still just 17 years old. Not sure how much could be expected of him this soon but these experiences are invaluable eventhough he looked subpar overall. Intimidated by the occasion? Hard to say but he was bullied quite easily off the ball and probably didn't show enough verve in attack to find more minutes in the rotation. Tosin, I was skeptical about him based on limited footage there has been on him. He has great size but not at all convinced about him either defensively or on the ball with his passing - he was targeted as much as Danilo by the Ukrainians and with great success exposing the both

Brahim Diaz, however, is ready for more minutes in the rotation IMHO

Just underscores City's biggest needs going forward continue to be a backup LB, CB and DM

8. abu13

abu13

Getting away with as little as possible
    I was more pissed off about losing the pre season game to the rags than this which tells me something,

Yesterday's match in the grand scheme of things means nothing.

9. Graceyboy

Graceyboy

I thought Fabianho Delphinho covered that position very well on Sunday to be fair

10. FCBarca

FCBarca

Nothing in the grand scheme of things and you could even make an argument that a loss might actually be the right tonic ahead of the derby. But these occasions are always useful to see how the backup players & youth can perform in difficult conditions, this cannot be gained from merely training or the occasional spot mopup duty