Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by MCFC1993, 6 Dec 2017 at 9:39 PM.

1. abu13

abu13

Getting away with as little as possible
    Agreed.

2. blue ranger

blue ranger

Agree with that. I’ve been disappointed with Silva so far. Interesting for me last night was that Diaz looked much more of a threat and seemed to be doing the things that I thought silva would be doing!

3. tonea2003

tonea2003

professional mancunian
    a lot of bellyaching going on, and it wasn't great at times, but we were playing against a good team where it meant a hell of a lot more to them than it did to us and that was a big factor plus the upcoming game i'm sure was another factor, whether we like it or not it would of affected the attitude even if was just a couple of percentage points down. you can't do it at this level.
    i'm sure their second wouldn't have happened if the game was on the line
    diaz was a fresh of breath air, it just confirmed that we have two gems in ours midst with the stockport iniesta

4. SamBlue

SamBlue

The only positive from the last night is we were not four down at the end of the first half. Playing high press with Yaya in middle-field - even if we don't concede after blistering counter attack - is not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. And the less said about our right side with Danilo and B. Silva, the better. There is currently an unbridgeable gap between those two and Walker/Sterling pairing. I like B. Silva a lot and believe he'll succeed in finding form sooner or later. Watching him playing right now looks like he's stuck in his own universe where he needs some sort of a wormhole to reconnect with the rest of the team.

5. mayo31

mayo31

You obviously do to respond.

But carry on

6. bluemcr

bluemcr

There is no such thing as a dead rubber game, all top teams want to win end of. It showed everyone last night that a couple of key injuries and we are gonna struggle because the drop off in quality was seriously lacking. Another big transfer window...

7. cleavers

cleavers

I agree, the issue is not changing these 2 in and out, it's doing it with 6 other changes, once a month, and expecting miracles. Both need to play more, but in the first team, not a reserve team like last night.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017 at 1:37 PM
  8. I agree, if we have 8 first team members out plus Mendy and Stones we probably will struggle.

9. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

We lost. Big wow. We did OK with a team of maInly youth and fringe players. Could have got a draw, maybe even a win, with a bit of luck. Oh and the referee gave us nothing.
    My only concern was how bad Danilo was.
    Next.

10. rnblade

rnblade

Defender of Her Majesty's Realm
    Watching it back this afternoon. Ok, we got beat, but it had been said already about fringe and developing players.
    Honestly expected more effort from Danilo who looks completely out of his depth which is worrying. Sane looked a little lazy and like he’s suffering from pinball problem, Bernado running around but not achieving very much. On a plus Foden and Diaz are going to be superstars.
    We still don’t move the ball on quick enough. We didn’t need to risk our main players, so not sure why Ferni was playing.
    At least we have most of our players available for the visit to the swamp.
    Fingers crossed for Magic Dave.