Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

On the back of that I put Diaz on the bench over Bernardo on Sunday.

Several of the fringe lads just aren’t cutting it right now.

Thoughts on the game:
Diaz played very well think he deserves some more game time
Foden think he was nervous to start, but showed glimpses
Bernardo Silva Have seen him play very well for Monaco and Portugal, but hasn't shown it for City. Easy to forget he is only 23 though. Still see him as the Silva replacement and Silva will be here for a couple more years. Give him time.
Yaya too slow watching him jog back for that first goal was just sad.
Dinho Think him Stones and Otamendi would make an awesome back three if we ever decide to go that route
Danilo FLOP we sjould try to move him on in the summer and bring in Maffeo as the second choice right back
Gundogan think he played very well
Tosin Not bad defensively, but seems really slow which with the pace players have now and our high line doesn't work
Mangala played like Mangala
Ederson- not much he could do right for that second goal defense was beat and would have been a one on one if he didn't come out anyway.

Everyone else okay.

Honestly for a game that meant nothing don't really care so much about the result. No injuries limited play time for Fernandinho and Sane I'm pleased. Obviously thought we could have played better, but the team we played was really weak and showed our depth isn't as good as perceived.

Spot on.......except for your analysis of Gundog....he was very poor both with the ball and without it. Thought he would be the one player knocking on the door of the 1st XI but on that showing he's nowhere near. Just hope he can get back to where he was before his injury.

Both Gundogan and Diaz had very good games and Foden was excellent considering that he was playing out of position and making his full competitive debut. That pass he made to Jesus in the first half was of the highest quality.

Bernardo also shown moments of quality and whilst not a lot came off for him, his dribbling is outstanding. He just needs that goal or top performance to really kick on.

I also think Danilo has a lot to prove and I could easily see Maffeo replacing him next season.

One positive is that United have tougher potential opponents than us because their group was easier. They wouldn't beat Shakhtar over two legs, I wouldn't mind Basel though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.