Shares in Manchester City

sugga_d

My dad bought shares in Manchester City PLC 15 years ago. When Thaksin Shinawatra took over at Man City he bought 60% of all the shares and turned the club into a private company. ADUG then bought City of him.

Does my dad now have shares in ADUG or a new company set up to control city?

Does ADUG want to buy the remaining shares off the small owners, if so how do you go about it?

If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated

Many thanks

sugga_d said:
My dad bought shares in Manchester City PLC 15 years ago. When Thaksin Shinawatra took over at Man City he bought 60% of all the shares and turned the club into a private company. ADUG then bought City of him.

Does ADUG want to buy the remaining shares off the small owners, if so how do you go about it?

Many thanks

ask your Dad :)

skybluekings said:
sugga_d said:

Many thanks

Very funny!

he has asked me to find out for him

sugga_d said:

Many thanks

No he does not. When 'Frank' bought City he had to make the same offer to all shareholders that he made to the big share holders who initially sold to him to give him his controlling interest. Once he got over (not sure of the number) 80% of share owners saying yes he then had to buy 100% and no shareholder could refuse to sell. Frank then owned 100% of the shares. He sold those to ADUG. Is that clear?

sugga_d said:
skybluekings said:

Very funny!

he has asked me to find out for him
Thaskin bought the club 100% and you had to sell them to him,if you didnt,you have lost your money and your shares are nil and void

I thought he bought the lot and any share certificates are worthless now.He then sold the club lock stock and all to ADUG.

droylsdenblue said:
I had 50 shares but never sold them as I prefered to keep the share certificate thus losing the small amount on offer!

How much was you offered mate?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.