#ShareTVWealth

Nothing to do with a leg up - it's more to do with making sure the nearly infinite amount of money available in the premiership goes further than lining the Glaziers' (& co) pockets!

I think it's pretty obvious where I think the money should go - more of it should trickle down the divisions. Your burger analogy is piss-poor and irrelevant to this debate because the last time I looked, there are 92 football teams that make up the league pyramid and to say we shouldn't give the teams in the lower divisions any more money because it's nothing to do with the PL teams is utterly wrong when all the divisions are linked by a promotion/relegation process. As for financial mismanagement, well it's not like there haven't been any PL teams that have been mismanaged is it?

To top it all, you even have the cheek to make reference to Bury's ticket prices when you sneered at those City fans who protested about Arsenal's prices a few season's back. What the fuck is that all about?

£20 to watch Bury is too much just like £62 to watch City is too much.

And if you have bothered to read what i had typed properly you will see that i never said that lower division clubs should not receive any more money full stop. They should receive it for use only on what can help them survive better and provide more for the community. They should not receive it so they can overpay players and constantly putting them under pressure.

There has only been one club that has been truly mismanaged in the PL and that is Portsmouth, a club who if they were run self sufficiently would never have reached the PL. They are now at their true level back in the football league.

Football is a business, if you get 2000 fans a game you should have a budget that reflects that, the reason clubs struggle is because they over pay on their budgets, more so because they need to compete because every other club is being ran badly but then why should the Premier League bail them out or support their bad running of the club.

I'll just point it out one more time so it's easier for you to understand, the £350,000 - £450,000 each club gets from the PL, none of that should go on wages for players, it should go on infrastructure towards running an Academy or investing in facilities. Some clubs get £350,000 and they then claim they cannot afford to run a youth system or a reserve side.

In five years, all 72 clubs would have a fantastic facility for their first team, reserves, youth academy and more importantly the community. You hear the saying all the time that the facilities in Holland are superior to the UK, well five years of £350,000 would give this country 72 more facilities for everyone to use and enjoy.

So if you think my idea is out of order then no wonder the lower echelons of football is fucked because there are unqualified people running these businesses with views like that and journeymen footballers will continue to get thousands of pounds of wages more than their value and clubs will continue to struggle and criticise the PL for being successful. It's laughable.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.