Shay Facey

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 24 Feb 2014.

1. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

NYCFCWatch ‏@NYCFCWatch 7m7 minutes ago

It looks as if Shay Facey will extend his loan with New York City FC past the original date of June 30th. [@JuanMapu]

2. Skilly McRailnob

Skilly McRailnob

Manchester City starlet Shay Facey is set to extend his loan at New York City FC.

The full back has impressed for the MLS side since being converted to a centre back.

The 20-year-old’s current deal is due to expire at the end of the month. But New York coach Jason Kreis is keen to extend his stay at the club - particularly given his role their recent resurgence.

City’s sister club have won their last three MLS games after ending a run of 11 without victory.

After finding their form, Kreis does not want to see his rearguard disrupted by losing Facey.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...all-news/man-city-starlet-shay-facey-9514331?

3. moomba

moomba

Only surprised it took so long to get him into the team. Doing really well.

4. CityFan94

CityFan94

Glad to see Facey doing well.

Really like Facey, think he's great on the ball for a CB, he'll have a good career in football.

5. ColinLee

ColinLee

Without going back through the thread I was under the impression he went straight into the first team, except for whatever ban he served went he got sent off in his first start I think he's played all/most of their matches?

Edit: 9 games out of 15(?) although he only joined 2 days before their first game so he's made an impression there without a doubt.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2015
  6. GGG

GGG

beside the sent off, he missed few games due to reported family reasons.

7. SlimShadyRus

SlimShadyRus

No Facey at the 1st team training today. Will he be the 1st one to go to Breda?

8. ColinLee

ColinLee

With all due respect to Breda I'd have thought Shay Facey was too advanced in his development.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I'd have thought one way or another he'll be out the door.

10. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

BBC's transfer deadline page

DONE DEAL - City defender joins Heerenveen

Posted at15:55
    Lots of outgoings at Manchester City today. Here is another.

England youth international Shay Facey, a 21-year-old defender, continues a globetrotting start to his career.

He had a loan spell at New York City, then went to another place that never sleeps - Rotherham, and is now heading over to the Netherlands...