Should I stay or should I go now........

barryo said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Go mate, the UK is full of small minded imbred tossbags who give a shit about number 1 and no one else.

Class, manners, dignity are all things of the past.

Thatchers children have grown up and the little bastards are screwing us every which way, a new generation of ratty little bastards ensuring the working classes lives are hell.

When I leave the UK my only regret will be that I cant drop an atom bomb on the shit hole as I fly on my way.

England is dead.

So where you off too?

Didn't Morrissey leave England recently claiming it was no longer English?

"on returning, I cant believe this world is still turning".......I wonder what he meant ?

Haha dont even go there!

Mozza was lamenting the death of a very romantic notion of England but he was stiched up to look like a right get!

I quite fancy spending some time in Japan and New York once I'm finished at Uni, not sure where I would like to settle though. Somewhere Nordic perhaps.

TheMightyQuinn said:
barryo said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Go mate, the UK is full of small minded imbred tossbags who give a shit about number 1 and no one else.

Thatchers children have grown up and the little bastards are screwing us every which way, a new generation of ratty little bastards ensuring the working classes lives are hell.

When I leave the UK my only regret will be that I cant drop an atom bomb on the shit hole as I fly on my way.

England is dead.

So where you off too?

"on returning, I cant believe this world is still turning".......I wonder what he meant ?

Haha dont even go there!

Mozza was lamenting the death of a very romantic notion of England but he was stiched up to look like a right get!

I quite fancy spending some time in Japan and New York once I'm finished at Uni, not sure where I would like to settle though. Somewhere Nordic perhaps.

Sounds like a plan.....good luck with it.

The best way to dictate the future is to define it

barryo said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
barryo said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

England is dead.

So where you off too?

Haha dont even go there!

Sounds like a plan.....good luck with it.

The best way to dictate the future is to define it

Best of luck to you too mate whatever you decided.

I think as I get older and certainly if kids ever make an appearance I'd have to leave as i wouldnt much fancy bringing up a kid in modern England. Certainly not Manchester anyway!

You Brits are really lucky to have something like the EU passport that gives you options where you want to live and work.

I will probably get shat on for saying this but if you want to improve the US, let Americans work where they want to. Give us the same ability to work in the EU as well and vice versa. If you want to make Americans kindler, gentler more tolerant people than let them get the fuck out of the country and live somewhere else for a while. With what I expect to be the death of the travel and study abroad industry, I would expect a more introverted, self obsessed america....which naturally makes me want to get out even more.

Knight1979 said:
You Brits are really lucky to have something like the EU passport that gives you options where you want to live and work.

I will probably get shat on for saying this but if you want to improve the US, let Americans work where they want to. Give us the same ability to work in the EU as well and vice versa. If you want to make Americans kindler, gentler more tolerant people than let them get the fuck out of the country and live somewhere else for a while. With what I expect to be the death of the travel and study abroad industry, I would expect a more introverted, self obsessed america....which naturally makes me want to get out even more.

I can see what you're saying mate and I agree about the US but we have a similar problem over here, we're a small island and we have a real small island mentality. Go in any pub on any given day and you'll hear someone going on about how England invented this and created that and how we USED to rule the world yada yada yada.

The influx of immigrants to our shores over the years hasnt changed attitudes on the whole just brought resentment and small mindedness.

Where we used to hate and blame all the worlds woes on West Indians and Pakistani we now blame it on the poles etc.

To be honest I think the biggest problem in the world is that 70% of people are hive mentality cretins that really dont know their arse from their elbow.

Come come nuclear bomb...

TheMightyQuinn said:
Knight1979 said:

I can see what you're saying mate and I agree about the US but we have a similar problem over here, we're a small island and we have a real small island mentality. Go in any pub on any given day and you'll hear someone going on about how England invented this and created that and how we USED to rule the world yada yada yada.

The influx of immigrants to our shores over the years hasnt changed attitudes on the whole just brought resentment and small mindedness.

Where we used to hate and blame all the worlds woes on West Indians and Pakistani we now blame it on the poles etc.

To be honest I think the biggest problem in the world is that 70% of people are hive mentality cretins that really dont know their arse from their elbow.

Come come nuclear bomb...

I see what your saying but you could say the same about the French towards the Arabs (from all over), the Spanish towards the Moroccans, the Germans towards the Turks/Croats, the Italians towards whoever and so on and so forth. So that's not particular to the English, its just universal ignorance.

What about the Scandinavian countries? Have they had the same influx of immigrants like other western european countries? For some reason I have the idea that they are more homogeneous and I could be way off.
If they do or have experienced a large foreign influx, how have or how will they take it?

What is it 3am TMQ over there?....go to bed man.

oh yea, the yanks towards anyone brown or darker.

I know I was considering going back the other way because of our corrupt government, bullshit Climate Change scaremongers, rising cost of living etc. Australia is just like Britain but with better weather (except for today though, it's fucking freezing here).

But everyone is this thread has said that, haven't they? I think we all get disillusioned with the place we live.

I think the key is to travel and experience other places when you can, rather than get bogged down in a routine at home.

barryo said:
Bigga said:
The world population migrates for one reason or other, Barryo. Whether it's for a new start, new opportunities, new anything, mate, just do whatever feels right!

At the end of the day, you may just be thinking "what if?" for a lifetime, otherwise.

Do you know what I mean about people being rude/ignorant/selfish/unkind toward others. I see it growing all the time in my dealings with people and on my travels. ......or is it just me ?

No, it's not just you.
Media sensasionalism (is that a word?) would have us believe that the UK is going to shit in a speed boat but i'm not so sure.
However, the general lack of respect for the majority of citizens seems to be on the rise, and i don't just mean by 'feral youths' either. Our government treat us all like imbeciles as well.

Living abroad is great because you don't seem to get bogged down with a countries politics. It's like you're stood on the outside looking in.

If i had a yoyng family i'd be taking them off somewhere where the quality of life is more important to people than career building or gross consumerism.

barryo said:
I have been asking the same question since our 1st child was born 3 years ago

Q. If British society is degenerating so much what do you do as a Young family....A. Stay and try and improve things or B. Move somewhere else that you perceive to be better?

I am undecided but becoming increasingly disillusioned with the lack of respect shown to others in our daily lives.
get gone, britain is no longer.if you are young enough ffs get gone. i am old with not long to do and soon i.m doing one and hopefully my kids will too, if not then they can come visit.our country is a laughing stock the world over.

Knight1979 said:

You know what, Knight? You speak of the 'ideal' situation. However, when your country(the U.S.) forces kids to pledge allegiance from the moment they get into kindergarten, right through formative thinking and character building years and having a goverment systematically striking fear of Communists, Muslims and Eastern worlds, into the very heart of its natives, then you're going to develop a 'seige' mentality.

And that's a shame, cos those few that DO travel now, don't get believed or get laughed at. They're like individual King Canutes trying to turn back the tide!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.