Should I stay or should I go now........

barryo said:
I have been asking the same question since our 1st child was born 3 years ago

Q. If British society is degenerating so much what do you do as a Young family....A. Stay and try and improve things or B. Move somewhere else that you perceive to be better?

I am undecided but becoming increasingly disillusioned with the lack of respect shown to others in our daily lives.

Must admit that as father of a two year old daughter myself,barryo,I completely share your concerns as to the future.
Although the media do tend to overplay the "knife-crime/asylum-seekers/Islamic terrorism/gangs of drunken,marauding youths" scare-stories,I think that you're perfectly right to consider the options regarding the best possible future for yourself & your family.
Im afraid that the "stay patriotic" argument cuts little ice with me anymore - sadly I feel very little affinity anymore to a country that,whatever its political hue at the time,has done precious little to improve the quality of life for the average citizen.
Personally I have been considering emigrating for some time - (only an infirm and elderly mother who wouldn't entertain the idea keeps me here).
As a graphic designer I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home,so job and language barriers are eased somewhat,but I am seriously considering moving to Greece in the near future for reasons too numerous to list,even to the extent of learning A-level Greek at night classes;(not easy)!
Whatever you finally decide on barryo,the bottom line will always be your daughter and what is best for her future.
But then I don't need to tell you that anyway do I?!
Good luck mate.

We are also seriously considering leaving this country. We have had enough. The cost of living is a joke. As normal working class people we are finding it harder and harder to make ends meet. Tax on absolutely everything, shopping costs, fuel hikes, petrol is a pisstake. The media scaremongering is really getting to me. My little lad is 8 years old and I fear for him going to secondary school. Last week I had a 15 year old girl who I dont know knock on my door at 3.45am and ask to borrow a fag!!! When I said no she tried to take it out on my car. The week before a dickhead who lives in flats behind me threw a cat in labour out of his window!!!!! The police or RSPCA did fuck all. I was brought up by my nanna who lived through the war and would be turning in her grave at the society I live in. Not everyone is the same I know this, I just feel some people have no morals. People sponge of the goverment, claiming to be sick when in fact they are just lazy bastards, and they get away with it. I work at the CAB and see it day in day out thinking the world owes them a favour. I am so disolusioned with this country.
In the next 12 months we hope to put the house on the market. When its sold (probably 12 months later)we should have cash in our back pockets and were off to NZ. My other half is going to train to be a skydiving cameraman and he has a 95% chance of a job at the end of it. I find it too hard to say were going for good so we will take 12 months out and see what happens. I dont care if it goes tits up and we come back with nothing at least we will have tried. Soz for ranting.............
Barryo totally understand where your comming from, good luck.

Definitely want to leave the country, I'm absolutely sick of it and the people here. I just need to work out where when and how and I'm gone!

Bigga said:
Knight1979 said:
You Brits are really lucky to have something like the EU passport that gives you options where you want to live and work.

I will probably get shat on for saying this but if you want to improve the US, let Americans work where they want to. Give us the same ability to work in the EU as well and vice versa. If you want to make Americans kindler, gentler more tolerant people than let them get the fuck out of the country and live somewhere else for a while. With what I expect to be the death of the travel and study abroad industry, I would expect a more introverted, self obsessed america....which naturally makes me want to get out even more.

You know what, Knight? You speak of the 'ideal' situation. However, when your country(the U.S.) forces kids to pledge allegiance from the moment they get into kindergarten, right through formative thinking and character building years and having a goverment systematically striking fear of Communists, Muslims and Eastern worlds, into the very heart of its natives, then you're going to develop a 'seige' mentality.

And that's a shame, cos those few that DO travel now, don't get believed or get laughed at. They're like individual King Canutes trying to turn back the tide!

Interesting you mention that. When I was in school we used to pledge every day and all the way through elementary yes we were fed cold war bullshit (I started middle school right at the end of the cold war). However I taught High School Spanish a year ago and I barely remember doing the pledge, maybe once a week? once a month? During the cold war they went hand in hand though, you're right there, pledge every day by god!

Kids are more cynical now I can tell you, they are far quicker to question their teacher's angle than they were when I was in school. Kids watch the daily show now! which is great! I wish they would have had that when I was younger. We even had a debate about the daily show in one of my classes.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
sdavros said:
ye can all come to ireland and stop at my place..

On the N20,drivin' down from Shannon Airport.
Get the feckin kettle on...!

Oh,and Sanglote in the 5-10 at Galway looks nailed-on mate.

did you see the F.A.O i posted for you on Saturday.. advising you to oppose duke of marmalade, what a numpty, although Youmzain ran into more trouble than Joey Barton does on a night out.. don't know what Hughes was thinking bringing him inside, especially with O'Briens cheat, oops, I mean pacemaker dropping back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.